Supervising Producer, Travel & Home Design
Santa Monica, CA
Our mission is to delight, engage, and inspire you through real-life storytelling.
Who are we?
We are a modern media company that engages a global audience of more than 300 million monthly viewers on all major digital, mobile, and streaming television platforms, streaming 2.5+ billion views each month. We create award-winning video content and original programming in the categories of Food, Travel, and Home & Design that we share with an engaged, passionate, and global community. Tastemade is built upon real data and an innovative approach to programming. We are changing the way the world watches, experiences, and engages with premium lifestyle content.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for passionate people who want to change the world through the art of storytelling. People that are driven to disrupt the status quo and not just looking for another job. We are seeking a Supervising Producer, Logistics to join our growing team!Our Values:
• Tell a great story. Develop original and untold stories that inspire, excite, and delight. Great storytelling has the power to not only entertain but to shape culture.
• Embrace our world. Be globally-minded-value inclusivity and diversity, respect the richness of all cultures, and appreciate those who are different from yourself.
• Be constantly curious. Ask questions. Find answers. Always look for opportunities to learn and experience something new.
• Create community through experience. Treat every moment as an opportunity to create meaningful experiences to share. Shared moments build community.
• Own the Outcome. Think and act like an owner. You are entrusted to do what is best for Tastemade and for our community.What you'll be doing:
A Tastemade Supervising Producer, Logistics is a highly experienced industry leader who is an expert in production execution of digital content. This position will oversee the day-to-day operations across multi-million dollar productions and must have proven success in collaborating with brands and cross-functional teams.
Creative Production Workflow
• Collaborate with Platform and Tastemade Streaming Network Executives, Production Leads, 3rd party crews and Tastemade's brand and sales teams to create original, high-quality content based on programming needs
• Along with the Head of Production and our LP team, develop budgets and track costs across multiple assigned production, to ensure all projects stay on time and on budget
• Attend all cost report meetings and speak to potential budget overages
• Manage scheduling, coordination, workflow, and deadlines for multiple projects and shoots simultaneously
• With the Head of Production, develop and adapt onboarding and workflow documentation for freelance producers as well as documentation for Live Productions and IG Social Rallies
• With the Head of Production, work cross-departmentally to drive improvements in production quality, processes, and systems to build efficiencies and cost reductions
• Day-of oversight on all short form branded and original shoots
• Post Producer oversight (working with Post Team on workflow and schedule etc)
• Communicate effectively with the Content Partnerships team for any client asks or product integration
• Aligning and collaborating with the TMSN team on social asset requirements
• Ability to work both in the office during prep and in the field while on location
• If called upon, has the experience and ability to produce projects in pre-production or post (if no producer, this role covers the project)
• Fixing producer decks, when needed
• Handle overflow budgeting and scheduling from LPs
• Logistical oversight on Tastemade book projects and other new business
Personnel and Crew Sourcing
• Through the life of a project, manage a staff of producers, crew members and editors
• Lead all aspects of management activities that include hiring, onboarding, and career development of direct reports
• Onboarding 1-5 producers per week
• Sourcing the hiring producers across all verticals
• Management of internal direct reports, 13-20 freelance direct reports
• Sourcing and hiring producers/writers/copywriters/photographers for internal TM projects
• Sourcing studio locations, crew and 3rd party ProdCos in concert with PMs and LPs
• Rate negotiation in concert with PMs and LPs
Internal Process Development
• New Platform best practices creation and documentation
• Internal Production process creation and documentation with notes from creative
• Monday.com Creative Production Board upkeep with help from PA
Meetings and Communication
• Internal meetings with Sales and Brand Strategy teams, when necessary
• Content Partnership meetings
• Budget meetings
• Internal Process meetings
• Group and 1:1 meetings with freelance producers weekly
• Weekly client meetings, if necessaryWhat you'll bring:
• 5+ years experience in linear and digital video production
• A large contact list of Producers who have worked in the food, travel and home design space
• Proven success in logistical oversight and execution of productions with multi-million budgets
• Experience in the food, travel and design production world is a plus
• Experience working in a high volume, fast-paced environment
What Makes Us a Great Opportunity?
We prioritize an inclusive, People-first culture at Tastemade. From your first day, we strive to be a welcoming team that supports, nurtures and grows. We are also firm believers in ''walking the talk'' -- our employee-led workplace experience committees, DE&I groups, and wellness and philanthropic initiatives reflect much of our culture and build a sense of real community among our team. While working at Tastemade, you will collaborate with passionate, curious, and authentic peers, who are driven by our core values and equally enthusiastic about food, travel and home & design.
• Competitive salary
• Stock options
• Flexible vacation policy and paid company holidays
• Medical, Dental, Vision, LTD, Life EAP, and 401K benefits
• Apple iMac, MacBook or equivalent hardware (FTE ONLY)
• Monthly wellness stipend to support your physical and mental health
• Monthly electronics allowance to partially offset cell phone and internet costs
• One-time home office equipment stipend (US only)
• Professional development by way of a feedback-driven culture, regular performance check-ins, and in-house mentorship and support programs
• Collaborative, passionate, and fun colleagues!
We're an equal opportunity employer. We most decidedly an equal opportunity employer. We want applicants of diverse backgrounds and hire without regard to race, color, gender, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, age, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g3v8mx-3-238-173-209-42 in your application.