Santa Monica, CA
Tastemade is a global community of food lovers & travelers!
Who Are We?
Would you consider yourself a travel, food and home & design lover? Do you get excited about bringing people together over a great meal in an unforgettable location? Does the idea of working at a company that is changing the way the world makes, watches and engages with video make you giddy? If you answered yes to all of these questions, then keep reading!
Tastemade is a global community of food lovers, travelers and design enthusiasts on a mission to connect the world through video. In just a few years our community has grown to over 300 million people watching our videos across a huge range of channels, devices and apps, from Cable & Streaming Platforms to Youtube, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, TikTok and Snapchat.
We are looking for passionate people who want to change the world and make a difference. People that are driven to disrupt the status quo and not looking for just another job.
What You'll Do:
• Lead UI and UX design across Tastemade's growing suite of products. This is a critical role with tons of visibility-your work will be shipped to millions of people around the world who care about taste.
• Work closely with product management to understand requirements, rapidly iterate on prototypes, and ultimately translate them into pixel-perfect designs to be implemented by engineering.
• Evolve and grow Tastemade's design system to ensure consistency and quality across products and platforms.
• Conduct qualitative and quantitative user research to supplement your design intuition with data.
• Balance big, outside-the-box design thinking with practicality.
What You'll Bring:
• 5+ years of design experience at world-class consumer technology or media companies.
• Expertise in both UI and UX for digital consumer products.
• Cross-platform design experience including web, mobile, email, and OTT.
• Love for creating designs that look great, are simple to understand, and easy to use for both casual and power users.
• Expert-level knowledge of industry-standard design tools like Adobe Creative Cloud, Sketch, Zeplin, etc.
• Familiarity with and a deep interest in contemporary consumer design and technology trends.
• Strong design opinions paired with the ability to amicably debate with executives and make compromises.
• Some level of agreement with the statement ''There is no such thing as user error, only bad design.''
• Comfort working with remote developers in other countries and time zones.
• The ability to thrive in an agile, fast-paced, and ambiguous environment.
• Passion for food, travel, and design.
We're an equal opportunity employer. We want applicants of diverse backgrounds and hire without regard to race, color, gender, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, age, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law.
• Competitive salary and benefits package
• Stock options
• Flexible vacation days
• Apple iMac, MacBook or equivalent hardware
• Colleagues who are fellow food & travel lovers!
We're an equal opportunity employer. We most decidedly an equal opportunity employer. We want applicants of diverse backgrounds and hire without regard to race, color, gender, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, age, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law.