Sunshine Sachs Morgan & Lylis is proud to represent clients across many industries including entertainment, social good, tech and lifestyle and we tell their stories through a variety of mediums. We know that even during the toughest times, our responsibility to our clients and each other can bring meaningful and long-lasting impact for those affected the most. We're proud of each and every campaign we execute, but you may be wondering why we don't have more than a landing page as our website. While many of our clients are household names (you know them, we're sure of it), our digital footprint is purposefully small. We fly under the radar and we like it that way.
If you are fired up and ready to do good, join us!
We have an immediate opening for an Executive Assistant to our Partner in the Los Angeles Office. This role requires someone who is incredibly organized and discreet with an interest in social issues, pop-culture, media relations and, is up-to-date on current events. Most of the work on her desk centers around managing her complex schedule, A-list talent and entertainment clients, new business across many industries and liaising with different high profile personalities.
In addition to supporting our Partner, this position will also include Office Administrator duties. You are a natural host or hostess. You're usually the party planner amongst your friends; who are often astounded that you can remember so many birthdays and personal details. You are a problem solver, insanely organized and have an overall ''can-do'' attitude.
We have offices across the US so you're comfortable managing meetings and appointments across different time zones and you sprout additional arms as needed! You are incredibly flexible and can navigate through last minute changes. You're a wiz at booking travel. You also have the gravitas to be ''the boss' boss'' .
• Managing the Partner's daily calendar and arranging meetings
• Serving as the 'gate keeper' to ensure she is operating as efficiently and productively as possible
• Serving as an extension of her brain keeping track of details on clients, in the office and with personnel
• Working as support on direct clients in entertainment, impact and technology
• Creating materials and research as needed to prepare for new business presentations, networking and client meetings.
• Keeping her organized and on time in a fast-paced environment and packed schedule
• Managing contacts and learning quickly who the VIPs are (they all are!). Name recognition and understanding of the landscape is necessary is crucial (clients, celebrities, etc.)
• Answering and fielding phone calls and meeting requests
• Reviewing news and current events for clients and beyond and flagging them as needed
• Arranging all travel logistics and ability to change them as needed (harder than it sounds)
• Responding to event invitations and handling all logistics for local travel
• Ordering lunch as needed
• Providing adhoc support as needed
• Welcoming new employees, clients and visitors throughout the day (by phone and virtually)
• Managing conference room requests and mitigating scheduling conflicts – Zoom conference rooms are a thing!
• Addressing employee queries and often FAQs regarding office issues
When We Return to the Office (Fall):
• Maintaining appearance of front office, kitchen, breakroom, and all common areas.
• Managing delivery of mail – when back in office (packages, magazines, mail, flowers, etc.)
• Upkeep of multiple inventories such as: snacks, office supplies, coffee, milk – and placing weekly orders as needed; and managing inventory of client supplies.
• Liaising with facility management vendors – including cleaning, catering, building inspections, security services and requests as needed.
• Planning in-office and off-site office-wide activities
• Arranging desk availability for visiting employees
You Should Apply If:
• You have at least one year working on a desk in a fast-paced environment
• You are incredibly organized, detail oriented and able to excel at managing multiple projects simultaneously.
• You value punctuality and find that if you're on-time, you're late.
• You are looking for a career and not a job
• You have an interest in what's going on in the world in politics, social good, pop culture, fashion, latest news, entertainment, etc.
• Great written and verbal communication
• You welcome questions – this role is asked tons of questions daily!
• You enjoy overdelivering rather than meeting expectations and take genuine pride in being part of something good.
• Previous experience in office management, administrative support or front office experience
• Proficiency in MS Office Suite and knowledge of general administrative responsibilities
You don't HAVE to have this, but it sure would be nice:
• Previous PR or talent agency experience
• Previous hospitality experience
Benefits x Perks
We go well beyond the benefits that you're looking for like medical, dental, and vision plans, 401(k) with matching, annual merit-based bonuses, PTO, fertility, FSA for medical, childcare, and commuter expenses. Sunshine Sachs Morgan & Lylis offers those benefits and many perks including, a flexible work schedule, Work from Anywhere program, Summer Fridays, Wellness Days, and a 4-week sabbatical or trip to celebrate select anniversaries. We love to socialize so, we have collaborative workspaces, some offices even have rooftops, celebrations, networking opportunities, and community volunteering. We frequently mark opportunities to listen, learn and act throughout the year (Juneteenth, Election Day, International Women's Day, etc.).
SSM&L is committed to diversity, equity, inclusion, and ability. We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, identity and expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
From day one, employees are carefully matched with a mentor to guide them on their path to success. Training and mentoring are a big deal here and since we are into promoting from within, we make sure to provide more than enough tools for you to learn and grow. We are proud to offer training throughout the year on topics for professional growth as well as personal growth. We have also developed a series of teaching workshops that are structured for each level of the company. Sunshiners also take love to take advantage of the monthly Meet the Media series where media contacts provide valuable insider info for pitching them and their colleagues.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g62j1j-34-236-192-4-42 in your application.