The Coordinator to the Senior Director of Programming provides administrative and project coordination to the Senior Director of Programming and the Programming Department.
Working closely under the Senior Director of Programming, this position supports the department in upholding the artistic integrity of the Sundance Film Festival.
This full-time position is based out of our Los Angeles, CA office with regular opportunities for remote work. Extended hours, including weekends and holidays will be required at key points. This position may also be required to travel and work onsite during festivals, events, and at other Institute offices throughout the year.
Top priorities include but are not limited to
• Coordinating meetings including taking and distributing minutes, making travel arrangements, managing calendars, processing expense reports, and tracking the travel budget for the director and the team.
• Assisting the Programming Department with tracking films in the database, scheduling and running screenings.
• Maintaining and connecting detailed tracking databases with key submission information.
• Entering programming changes into databases and facilitating updating fields and functions as directed by working with Tech Services as necessary.
• Coordinating administrative and logistical needs for the department, including travel arrangements, tracking budgetary expenses, and communicating with stakeholders.
• Establishing and maintaining relationships with other industry assistants.
• Acting as a main point of contact for the director and the department to answer questions, detail department processes, route needs, schedule interviews, and facilitate the submission process.
• Maintaining a submission watchlist and contact lists of over 600 titles, as well as other files for the director's office.
• Assisting with screening films, slotting, writing film capsules, and program descriptions for the film guide and catalog.
• Preparing reference materials and documents for various department needs.
• Developing and maintaining detailed project schedules, including all administrative tasks and acting as a liaison between the director and internal and external stakeholders.
• Screening all phone calls and rolling calls for the Senior Director of Programming.
• Drafting correspondence and communicating remarks, preparing presentations, and coordinating thank-yous and other follow-ups on behalf of the director.
• Organizing and cataloging information gathered by the director from attended film festivals.
• During the Festival, assisting the director on a daily basis, administratively and otherwise, including managing their daily calendar, coordinating attendance at events, preparation for speaking engagements and press requests, and coordinating transportation.
• Working with the Advancement team to facilitate and prepare information for the directors outreach to donors and prospects around events and submissions.
You have the following direct or transferable skill sets:
• Legal authorization to work in the United States.
• 2 years of experience in high level administrative support.
• Outstanding verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills required to work effectively with a wide variety of people.
• Detail-oriented with the ability to audit work to avoid mistakes, and perform tasks accurately.
• Interest in film curation and programming for film festivals.
• Ability to work independently and reliably under tight timelines in a fast-moving environment.
• Ability to collaborate across various internal and external teams.
• Proven organizational skills and ability to prioritize tasks and anticipate needs.
• Ability to maintain confidential information.
You will be successful in this role if you...
• Support the needs of the director, ensuring tasks, calls/meetings, and correspondences on schedule.
• Collaborate with programming colleagues and other departments while ensuring communication is consistent to meet deadlines and job duties.
• Create a welcoming environment for coworkers, artists, audiences, and external constituents.
• Uphold and model positive, inclusive, and equitable Institute values at all times.
In addition to an hourly pay of $26.00, this position comes with awesome benefits & perks, including:
• 25 paid holidays
• Health, vision, and dental insurance
• Paid sick, family, and medical leave
• 401(k) with automatic 3% employer contribution after one year of employment
• Sundance Film Festival passes and benefits (varies each year)
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gk9x70-44-201-96-43-42 in your application.