Summary of Position
The Manager, Media Strategy and Planning is responsible for assisting in the development and execution of international paid media plans for LIONSGATE+ (formerly StarzPlay), specifically ensuring that all plans meet the objectives of the marketing initiatives and are executed in an efficient and timely manner. This individual will be the lead when it comes to performing regular maintenance on all paid media and social campaigns. They will need to possess experience in managing multi-tactical media plans across all media channels (TV, Social, OOH, Print, Audio, Digital). This is a fast-paced, multi-faceted position that requires organization, communication, and creativity at a high level.
• Assist in the development of media and paid social strategies for brand and program-specific campaigns in multiple international territories.
• Work closely with the internal media team and the external media buying agency(s) to ensure the media buys are efficiently executed.
• Partner with other international marketing departments (Brand, Data & Insights, Digital Marketing, etc) to enhance media planning development, assist in tracking plan progress, and building post-campaign reporting.
• Represent LIONSGATE+ in the development and maintenance of numerous media vendor relationships to provide support to both vendors and agencies in producing effective media executions.
• Partial project management needs that oversee the creative communication and documentation of media and social executions.
• Help optimize paid social campaigns across all platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat, TikTok, Pinterest and Reddit) including review of audience segments, retargeting, sequential messaging, reach and frequency, and creative asset testing.
• Track the financial and contractual flow of media investments. Manage agency performance against campaign objectives, including tracking budgets, savings, make-goods, and credits. Track data for key learnings and the development of future media and creative recommendations.
Qualifications & Skills
• Bachelor's degree in Communications, Marketing, or equivalent field.
• Minimum of 3+ years of solid experience in the field of media (agency and/or client side).
• Knowledgeable in offline and online media buying, with strong interest in social
• Experience in the streaming, cable, and/or entertainment industry a plus.
• Strong knowledge of PowerPoint and Excel (formulas, links, charts and graphs).
• Self-motivated and detail-oriented, with excellent time-management skills, strong interpersonal skills and the ability to function well in a collaborative, team oriented environment
• Must have a strong work ethic, integrity, and good business acumen.
• Interest in social media trends and emerging platforms/tactics
• Previous international business experience a plus.
STARZ (www.starz.com), a Lionsgate company, is a leading global media streaming platform committed to delivering premium content that amplifies narratives by, about and for women and underrepresented audiences. STARZ is home to the highly rated and first-of-its-kind STARZ app that offers the ability to stream or download STARZ premium content, as well as the flagship domestic STARZ® service, including STARZ ENCORE, 17 premium pay TV channels, and the associated on-demand and online services. In 2018, STARZ launched its international premium streaming platform STARZPLAY, now LIONSGATE+, to provide subscribers access to bold, curated storytelling. LIONSGATE+, coupled with the STARZPLAY ARABIA joint venture in MENA and Lionsgate Play in South and Southeast Asia, has a footprint that extends across the globe. STARZ and LIONSGATE+ are available across digital OTT platforms and multichannel video distributors, including cable operators, satellite television providers, and telecommunications companies around the world. In February 2021, STARZ launched #TakeTheLead, a multi-faceted and innovative inclusion initiative expanding its existing efforts to improve representation on screen, behind the camera and throughout the company.
With the Company aligning its studio operations behind the growth of its streaming business, Starz has become one of the pre-eminent modern premium global streaming platforms. Offering subscribers more than 7,500 television episodes, including Starz original series and provocative documentaries, along with a broad catalogue of first-run movies, Starz is taking the lead in delivering relatable premium content that makes it the platform of choice among a wide spectrum of female, African-American and other historically underserved audiences. Its focused brand, premium content and freedom from legacy relationships position Starz at the forefront of the new bundles emerging throughout the media ecosystem, a compelling value proposition to complement virtually every kind of subscription platform.
Distinguished by its successful and focused content strategy, top programming, exceptional curation and speed to market, Starz has quickly scaled its platform to become one of the most widely distributed and fastest-growing OTT services in the world, with OTT subscribers making up more than half of its global subscriber base. The Starzplay International premium subscription service offers a ''best of global SVOD'' content portfolio in more than 50 countries throughout Europe, Latin America, Canada, Japan and India through a bespoke and expanding network of distribution partners. The Starzplay Arabia joint venture is one of the leading SVOD operators in the fast-growing Middle East and North Africa region. The proprietary and highly-rated Starz app, a proven hit with US audiences, continues to roll out internationally.
• Full Coverage – Medical, Vision, and Dental
• Work/Life Balance – generous sick days, vacation days, holidays, and Impact Day
• 401(k) company matching
• Tuition Reimbursement (up to graduate degree)
Nearest Major Market: Los Angeles
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rv3v4n-18-232-179-5-42 in your application.