Contact Center Performance Manager
New York, NY
Summary of Position:
Starz is currently seeking a content analytics leader to join the Insight and Analytics department. S/he will serve as a change agent in the company – transforming the way the company makes content acquisition and retention decisions. The role leads the team responsible for content performance reporting, content evaluation metrics, and content value models.
The candidate will be highly collaborative and work cross-functionally across all major departments. The role is highly visible and includes senior management stakeholders within marketing, originals development, content licensing, programming and scheduling, press, product, and distribution.
• Develop performance metrics, including the systems to update them, which accurately and elegantly communicate content performance to all internal stakeholders. Metrics communicated via automated Tableau dashboards, scheduled emails, and decks.
• Deliver high-level analyses of multiplatform performance, audience trends, and content value to senior executives to drive core business decisions, product improvements, and increased revenue.
• Maintain deep understanding of the SVOD and “television” content landscape. Continually communicate results and trends to internal stakeholders.
• Develop company narrative to be shared with internal (C-Suite, board of directors) and external clients (press, investor relations, distribution partners)
• Work closely with Data Science team to develop sophisticated processes, including advanced statistical models, for making content development, acquisition, and retention decisions
• Work closely with Audience Insights team to identify, understand, and report on content performance among key audience cohorts
• Develop deep understanding of business units’ needs and develop effective methods for communicating actionable insights
Experience & Skills:
• 10+ years working with content analytics at top media companies with a strong preference for experience at an SVOD service, e.g. HBO, Netflix, Showtime, etc.
• 7+ years working with, manipulating, and generating metrics and insights from large datasets, including app viewership data.
• 5+ years developing and presenting research to senior management including C-suite and board of directors
• 5+ years working with data visualization tools with a strong preference for experience with Tableau
• 5+ writing SQL, R, or Python code against large and complex datasets
• Strong communication and presentation skills – in particular, an ability to effectively relay content performance and value through story-telling
• Proven ability to develop accurate and elegant content performance metrics from atomic app viewership, product, marketing, and subscriber data
• Deep understanding of Nielsen and Comscore data sets and reporting tools a significant plus
• Strong customer service orientation and ability to work effectively with all levels of management
• Comfortable working in a fast paced, quickly changing and growing environment without sacrificing quality
• Understanding of statistical modeling methodologies and experience working with data scientists a plus
• Experience with Snowflake, S3, Matillion, Juptyr Notebooks a significant plus
• B.A./B.S. or advanced degree in relevant technical field such as Applied Mathematics, Computer Science, Engineering, Physics, or Economics a significant plus
• Occasional travel to Los Angeles/New York (4-6x year)
Nearest Major Market: Manhattan
Nearest Secondary Market: New York City
Combining the STARZ premium global subscription platform with world-class motion picture and television studio operations, Lionsgate brings a unique and varied portfolio of entertainment to consumers around the world. Its film, television, subscription and location-based entertainment businesses are backed by a 17,000-title library and the largest collection of film and television franchises in the independent media space.