Summary of Position
The Coordinator, Publicity is responsible for processing all internal and external communications to ensure a seamless flow of information; establishing the priority of information and work product in coordination with team members to support the overall business objectives of the department; and providing assistance to departmental management by carrying out the functional job tasks associated with the department's business purpose. In this role, the Coordinator will also be responsible for implementing administrative systems and procedures.
• Coordinates the development and distribution of materials designed for use within the department
• Develops processes that simplify, automate, and add reliability to all departmental procedures
• Codes invoices and tracks expenditures for budget management, assist in the processing of invoices and budget accruals
• Maintains the department's mailing list, including contacts for talent, agency representatives and vendors and other relevant documents
• Maintains the department's contracts including independent and vendor agreements and other relevant documents
• Supports the team at various press and work events (panels, screenings, festivals, premieres), including: checking in press, managing cars and potentially walking talent on red carpets as needed
• Develops and executes various reports as requested by the department head
• Arranges and manages complex and detailed travel plans and itineraries (for talent and executives), compiles documents for travel-related meetings, and accompanies supervisor when requested; may include individual team members
• Organizes travel arrangements for talent and executives as needed
• Manages expense reports for VP and Directors, as needed
• Screens incoming calls and correspondence and responds independently
• Prepare mailing of press materials, press kits, and correspondence as needed
• Submit department requests through appropriate network channels and manages cross-department communication to ensure streamline of processes
• Composes and prepares correspondence, reports, and other documents; directs preparation and filing of corporate documents
• Creates and maintains department's database and spreadsheet files
• Creates and distribute the press clips memos, tune in alerts, and press materials as needed
• Support in other department administrative functions as needed
• Manages department assets like photos, clips, trailers, screeners, mailers and other relevant assets
• Read scripts and watch screeners to keep up to date on projects
Qualifications & Skills
• Bachelor's degree
• 1-3 years of experience at a media company or PR/promotion agency (entertainment industry experience preferred).
• Excellent organizational and written/oral communication skills.
• The ability to juggle multiple projects simultaneously, perform under pressure and pay close attention to detail.
• Strong MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint skills
• Knowledge and competency of Air Table preferred
• Knowledge of the digital media space (including social media).
• A passion for entertainment and popular culture.
• A desire to learn and grow within the entertainment PR field
• Knowledge of Starz programming preferred
About the Company
Business Unit Overview
With the Company aligning its studio operations behind the growth of its streaming business, Starz has become one of the pre-eminent modern premium global streaming platforms. Offering subscribers more than 7.500 television episodes, including Starz original series and provocative documentaries, along with a broad catalogue of first-run movies, Starz is taking the lead in delivering relatable premium content that makes it the platform of choice among a wide spectrum of female, African-American and other historically underserved audiences. Its focused brand, premium content and freedom from legacy relationships position Starz at the forefront of the new bundles emerging throughout the media ecosystem, a compelling value proposition to complement virtually every kind of subscription platform.
Distinguished by its successful and focused content strategy, top programming, exceptional curation and speed to market, Starz has quickly scaled its platform to become one of the most widely distributed and fastest-growing OTT services in the world, with OTT subscribers making up more than half of its global subscriber base. The Starzplay International premium subscription service offers a ''best of global SVOD'' content portfolio in more than 50 countries throughout Europe, Latin America, Canada, Japan and India through a bespoke and expanding network of distribution partners. The Starzplay Arabia joint venture is one of the leading SVOD operators in the fast-growing Middle East and North Africa region. The proprietary and highly-rated Starz app, a proven hit with US audiences, continues to roll out internationally.
• Full Coverage – Medical, Vision, and Dental
• Work/Life Balance – generous sick days, vacation days, holidays, and Impact Day
• 401(k) company matching
• Tuition Reimbursement (up to graduate degree)
Nearest Major Market: Los Angeles
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gke8kq-3-238-95-208-42 in your application.