Sr. Technical Manager
New York, NY
Summary of Position
Starz is seeking an Analyst, Insight & Analytics to support data-driven decision-making. The Analyst will assist with reporting and analysis of consumer, content and product data, including developing new tables and data fields within a Snowflake database environment, developing reports in Tableau, Excel, and PowerPoint, and supporting senior analysts and data scientists in wrangling data and generated advanced analytic solutions.
The role will report into the Executive Director on the Insights & Analytics team and is based in New York, NY.
• Support Insights team in efforts to understand customer and content value and communicate these learnings to the business units
• Build multi-dimensional cross-platform performance reports/dashboards for company and competitor content
• Work closely with other members of Insights & Analytics team to join data sources across verticals, creating a holistic understanding of customers and how they interact with our products
• Lead department efforts to source, clean and load datasets into cloud warehouse for analysis and reporting
• Respond to a wide variety of ad hoc requests from internal constituents
Qualifications & Skills
• Strong SQL programming skills
• Familiarity with database models and experience working with unstructured data and loading large datasets into databases
• Skilled at transforming raw data into actionable columnar datasets
• Basic knowledge of statistics and/or machine learning
• Knowledgeable about (at least some of) Python, Snowflake, AWS/S3, SageMaker, R, Tableau, Alteryx and Microsoft Office
• Good verbal and written communication skills, including explaining the business implications of data analysis/reports and developing data visualizations
• Previous experience with media/entertainment and/or subscription businesses is a plus
• Minimum of 2 years professional experience and BS in Data Science, Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics or similar degree
About the Company
Business Unit Overview
With the Company aligning its studio operations behind the growth of its streaming business, Starz has become one of the pre-eminent modern premium global streaming platforms. Offering subscribers more than 7.500 television episodes, including Starz original series and provocative documentaries, along with a broad catalogue of first-run movies, Starz is taking the lead in delivering relatable premium content that makes it the platform of choice among a wide spectrum of female, African-American and other historically underserved audiences. Its focused brand, premium content and freedom from legacy relationships position Starz at the forefront of the new bundles emerging throughout the media ecosystem, a compelling value proposition to complement virtually every kind of subscription platform.
Distinguished by its successful and focused content strategy, top programming, exceptional curation and speed to market, Starz has quickly scaled its platform to become one of the most widely distributed and fastest-growing OTT services in the world, with OTT subscribers making up more than half of its global subscriber base. The Starzplay International premium subscription service offers a ''best of global SVOD'' content portfolio in more than 50 countries throughout Europe, Latin America, Canada, Japan and India through a bespoke and expanding network of distribution partners. The Starzplay Arabia joint venture is one of the leading SVOD operators in the fast-growing Middle East and North Africa region. The proprietary and highly-rated Starz app, a proven hit with U.S. audiences, continues to roll out internationally.
• Full Coverage – Medical, Vision, and Dental
• Work/Life Balance – generous sick days, vacation days, holidays, and Impact Day
• 401(k) company matching
• Tuition Reimbursement (up to graduate degree)
Nearest Major Market: Manhattan
Nearest Secondary Market: New York City
Combining the STARZ premium global subscription platform with world-class motion picture and television studio operations, Lionsgate brings a unique and varied portfolio of entertainment to consumers around the world. Its film, television, subscription and location-based entertainment businesses are backed by a 17,000-title library and the largest collection of film and television franchises in the independent media space.