Sales & Distribution Director - Theatrical
Please note that this role is based in the United Kingdom. In order to enable us to meet statutory and regulatory obligations of the United Kingdom immigration system you must have the appropriate immigration permission needed to work and reside in the United Kingdom
The Director of Sales & Distribution oversees strategy and leads all sales & distribution efforts for theatrical film releases across the UK & Ireland.
Managing an in-house team of 7 people, this role is responsible for the commercial trading relationship with UK & Irish exhibition, releasing c 20 theatrical films per year covering all Sony Pictures Entertainment labels.
The Director plays a pivotal role in collaborating with other members of the UK & Irish team across Marketing and Publicity and the wider Distribution and Marketing team in LA.
Over the past few years this role has grown to incorporate seamless collaboration with our colleagues in TV and Home Entertainment as the distribution landscape has developed and changed.
• Assessing the commercial potential for all theatrical films in collaboration with the UK MD and Marketing Director
• Setting the dating and release scope strategy for all theatrical films including Territory Title Analysis, box office estimates and competitive landscape at all stages of a film's lifecycle from script to finished film
• The lead Executive for all UK & Irish Exhibitor relationships
• Negotiation and maintenance of Terms Deals with all major circuits and independents
• Negotiating schedules and weekly holdovers with exhibition to optimise revenues
• Constant and consistent performance reporting to key stakeholders in the LA Theatrical team
• Maintain and update all key internal systems such as Interplan and DEX
• Liaison with the finance and accounting teams to ensure prompt and accurate payment and early resolution of any issues
• Working with the Exhibitor Relations team on all cinema marketing initiatives including trailering, in-theatre marketing and screenings
• Working with key 3rd party vendors covering box office reporting and collection
• The Lead Executive for fostering excellent relationships with our key colleagues in Home Entertainment and Television
• Working alongside TV and Home Entertainment teams to analyse a film's performance beyond theatrical to inform future decisions
• Collaboration with other departments within SPE including legal, P&O and IT and active involvement in ongoing special projects and initiatives
• Representing SPEUK on weekly LA calls and at industry conferences and meetings
• Typically, 8 + years knowledge and experience of the UK Distribution and Exhibition landscape
• Excellent communication, negotiation and presentation skills
• Excellent leadership – must have proven experience of managing a team
• Ability to collaborate with multiple stakeholders and clients and be an ambassador for SPE at the highest level
• Must be sensitive to cultural differences
• Ability to be flexible and agile and multitask between multiple priorities as the business requires
Sony Pictures Entertainment is committed to equal opportunity in all its employment practices, policies and procedures. No worker or potential worker will therefore receive less favourable treatment due to his or her race, age, creed, sexual orientation, colour, nationality, ethnic origin, disability, religion, gender, marital status or Trade Union membership (if applicable)
* Sony Pictures - GBR - London
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r1z4bv-3-238-98-39-42 in your application.