JOB DESCRIPTION: MARKETING DIRECTOR
The Marketing Director will plan, execute and control the marketing campaigns for the release of Sony's properties in Mexico in order to achieve the KPIs proposed for every title.
The Marketing Director will be responsible to develop the marketing activities in the territory, overseeing and controlling the tasks in the areas of budgets, promotions, digital and publicity, design and in-theater materials. According to the strategy for every title, will lead the marketing activations that engage audiences. This person works in synergy with other areas within Sony business units and all departments such as sales, creative, media, digital, legal, and finance, reporting to the General Manager and Home Office divisions.
Conceptualization and execution of marketing strategies including digital and social campaigns for new release, catalog, acquisition titles. Maintain a timeline for marketing activities. Establish and oversee the marketing strategy for every movie in conjunction with the Media Agency, Social Media Agency and the marketing team. Supervise digital campaigns and KPI's which are coordinated by the Digital, Media and Publicity Managers. Supervise publicity activities, development and execution of digital and publicity strategies. Measure and report on the performance of marketing campaigns, gain insight and assess against goals to optimize future plans. Monitor competitive activity and industry trends, as well as maintain competitive trackers to offer insights that support business objectives. Ensure product information and promotions in internal systems and databases. Oversee thru the marketing team the activities of the Design Agency on materials for advertisement, promotions and BTL events. Prepare roadshows and presentations for exhibitors and filmmakers. Review trailers and POS materials and provide HO with local feedback. Develop and optimize tools that effectively communicate marketing plans. Budget control, prepare and oversee the Ad Pub budgets including the media planning presented by the agency, looking for savings and efficiency in the spend, present it to the General Mgr. and submit the budget for approval. Lead and negotiate promotions and activities with partners/licensees/media/exhibitors. Review and supervise the execution of contracts and legal aspects of the marketing suppliers which work with the company, such as media, social media, creative, BTL and marketing agencies. Maintain ongoing and open communication with all functional areas such as Sales, Legal, Finance, etc.
• Bachelor's degree required.
• Master degree is preferable.
• Bilingual - Fluent English and Spanish, spoken and written.
• Knowledge of data analysis and interpretation about content consumption is desirable.
Preferred years of experience:
• 10+ Marketing experience in entertainment industry.
• 10+ Advertising, promotions and publicity.
• Team player attitude, collaborator and facilitator with other areas of the organization.
• Leadership skills to positively set strategic goals, motivate employees to perform well and delegate tasks to other employees.
• Organizational and time management skills to plan and coordinate events and meetings, creating strategic schedules for major projects.
• Effective communication both written and verbal. Fluent communication skills in Spanish and English to work with the team and to develop rapport with other members of the company and external partners.
• Strategic thinking and analytical skills to forecast and identify trends and challenges
• Creative skills to develop ideas out of the box
• Adaptability and innovation
• Understanding of compliance and control issues
• Social Media and digital knowledge
• Experience in marketing and brand management.
• Research knowledge, Data analysis
• Microsoft Office Skills: Word, Excel. Power Point (advance level)
• Knowledge about all areas of digital technology, media and social media
• Ability to work well without closed supervision and cooperatively in a team environment
• Ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines
• Good PR attitude
• Reporting skills
• Attention to detail
MEX - Mexico City
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d2n9o5-3-236-84-188-42 in your application.