Manager, DCS OV Mastering & IMF Creation
The Manager, OV FEATURE MASTERING & IMF CREATION, is responsible for overseeing the day-to-day project management of feature mastering/content preparation for both domestic and international distribution across all post-theatrical windows. This role manages communication between various internal stakeholders, lines of business, and vendors, to ensure all needed assets (Picture, Audio, Metadata) are created and serviced on time for Physical/Digital distribution.
• Project Management for New Release and Catalog Features from project start to master approval and first wave delivery – 4K, 2K and HD
• New technology and workflow (for example, ATMOS) Project tracking and communication (internal and external)
• Manage concurrent timelines and functional departments for multiple projects, ensuring urgency is maintained across all lines of business, hitting both internal and external due dates
• Main line of communication with internal Client Servicing groups – SVOD, TVOD, PVOD, physical
• Ad Hoc projects as necessary
IDEAL CANDIDATE REQUIREMENTS:
• Expert knowledge of Post Production and digital workflows, specifically around IMF (Interoperable Master Format) mastering and versioning (Original Version, Localized Versions, IMAX mastering, Original Aspect Ratio, 1.78 pan & scan, Watermarking, etc.), audio mastering (ATMOS, 7.1, 5.1, MUHD conform process), D.I. (Dolby Vision, HDR/SDR), IMAX mastering, editorial, digital media and data management, at a studio or large post production facility.
• Hands-on knowledge of Post Production and Supply Chain media systems and processes
• Proven experience and understanding of the creation process & delivery of video, audio and digital materials, including technical specs for both domestic and international
• Understanding of localization requirements (censorship, dubbing, subtitling, IMF supplemental mastering)
• Strong attention to detail and adherence to established tech standards
• Excellent organizational and project management skills in a deadline driven environment
• Ability to see multiple projects through from start to finish with minimal guidance
• Strong interpersonal skills required along with the proven ability to successfully manage diverse personalities in a matrix organization
• Excellent oral and written communication skills, as well as ability to present and explain technical and business information in a way that establishes rapport, persuades others, and gains understanding.
USA - Culver City - Studio Lot - CA01