Manager, Global Creative Content
Global Creative Content is an internal hub for multi-discipline creative work for the Sony Pictures Entertainment marketing group. We are producers, editors, designers, writers, small and big picture thinkers focused on creating cutting edge assets that surround our entertainment properties to create lasting cultural impact. Put simply, we work with our global marketers and clients to find a creative solution to any marketing challenge.
Manager, Global Creative Content will work with the pod's lead and provide support for the global marketing campaign throughout a series or film lifecycle. This role requires interface with both senior executives and talent and requires client management skills. This role will engage with talent and filmmakers on shoots, will interview & direct talent when appropriate. They will spend time in the edit bay and be part of the creative decision making, at times they will be assigned creative tasks that they will be required to ideate and execute on their own. They will also work with the lead to create the downstream Special Features. They will need to engage in the marketing department's strategy, hit deadlines for the department's deliverables, and manage legal and talent approvals. The Manager is a liaison for all departments and divisions of SPE and must quickly establish and maintain successful working relationships with talent and executives.
• Discuss strategy with team and brainstorm content ideas. Collaborate with marketing, agencies, and talent to determine appropriate content/design for title.
• Manage shoots, including hiring crews for premieres, interviews, special shoots. Conduct interviews or direct talent at shoots as required.
• Spend time with editors and project lead working on TV specials, added value programming, promos, BTS, clips, sound bites. Coordinate transcriptions of all materials.
• Traffic and maintain all acquired assets and ensure delivery to departments, editorial, and vendors.
• Submit and track all necessary approvals with legal, MPAA & music as needed.
• Work with publicity to facilitate and manage press junkets and quick turn talent soundbite packages.
• Deliver and track all final materials and elements for assigned titles, for all windows.
• Special Features/Menu Project management of assigned titles. Gather and clear special features from 3rd party licensors.
• Manage relationships with other internal workgroups to ensure proper communication; timely and accurate maintenance of required information in systems such as Prism, Runner and Wrike.
• BA degree preferred
• 4 years studio or creative agency experience.
• Working knowledge of editing processes', production, and post-production processes and timelines.
• Experience in directing or interviewing talent and filmmakers. Must be comfortable around talent and high-level executives.
• Oriented toward working on a team but able to function as an individual.
• Passion for entertainment with knowledge of marketing fundamentals within the industry
• Knowledge of content distribution platforms and best practices (social, broadcast, etc)
• Skill in project management, problem solving, clear and articulate communication, decision making, diplomacy, time management, and professional presentation.
• Programs: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Teams.
• Effortless ability to speak with tact and maintain composure with people at all levels, demonstrate confidence in creative choices and pitch effectively (be a great storyteller), extremely resourceful,
• Able to articulate complex information in an efficient, easily digestible manner.
* Sony Pictures - CA - Culver City Area & Studios
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d81ex6-54-80-173-217-42 in your application.