Local 174 Clerk Legal Files
The Legal Files Department is guardian to thousands of files and documents that represent the vital records and assets of Sony Pictures Entertainment.
Employees in Legal Files have the important role of ensuring that these records are preserved, protected, and accurately provided to and returned from authorized requestors within the company in a timely manner.
Employees in Legal Files must exercise good judgment, demonstrate resourcefulness, and be decisive in responding to many complex file/records requests, a vital service to a very large and diverse group of clients within and outside of the Legal Department.
• Data entry, researching department records and information, file maintenance, document processing, daily pickup/delivery of files, handling phone and/or email requests for files and information.
• Creating a large volume of files as requested by various groups within the Legal Department and delivering those new files to requestors.
• Picking up files from various locations on the studio lot when requested, checking files back into Legal Files.
• Accurately using the department's records management applications (including Accutrac) to create new files and to search for the current location of existing files.
• Archiving files to storage, preparing forms, scanning / copying documents as needed, related duties as required.
• Employee will be required to do some lifting of standard size records boxes, typically weighing 25 to 30 pounds.
• The use of a dolly and golf cart will be available when delivering or picking up boxes of files to or from clients.
• 3-5 years of records management experience, including filing, creating and maintaining files, along with strong data entry skills into a records management database.
• Familiarity with motion picture and television industry records, knowledge of legal documents and terminology preferred.
• Must be able to take on multiple tasks effectively, prioritize projects, and complete all assignments in an accurate and timely manner.
• Strong organizational and problem-solving skills.
• Detail-oriented and confidentiality a must.
• Must be open to working on new applications and flexible to work on multiple projects at a time.
• Must demonstrate common sense and strong judgement skills.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Strong work ethic and ability to work independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced environment.
* Sony Pictures - CA - Culver City Area & Studios
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r1b41m-3-238-24-209-42 in your application.