Remote / Virtual
Generalist/Manager, Compensation & Benefits (1 Year Contract)
Compensation & Benefits Generalist or Manager
Sony Pictures Entertainment (SPE) seeks a Compensation & Benefits Generalist or Manager to join our People and Organization (HR) department in Vancouver, Canada. Under the general supervision of the Vice President, People & Organization, the qualified candidate will be responsible for the management and administration of compensation and benefits for all Canadian operations.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Oversee the design, development, implementation, audit and ongoing administration of Compensation, Benefit, Retirement and Wellness programs across Canada in coordination with Vice President, Compensation & Benefits
• Assist in developing and maintaining compensation, benefits policies and procedures to ensure the correct documentation is also published on internal sites
• Interface with third-party administrators, insurance carriers and other vendors
• Drive the communication and marketing of benefits related materials
• Ensure programs remain competitive, cost effective and support the overall business strategy
• Collaborate with executive and human resources partners to benchmark, design and recommend compensation and benefits programs
• Manage compensation, including evaluating market data, salary administration, supporting variable compensation programs, and ad hoc compensation requests
• Conduct and participate in salary and benefits surveys in the local, industry and national labor markets, with routine benchmarking of the Company's jobs. Compile and evaluate survey results for upload into relevant systems.
• Assist with annual benefit plan reviews and renewals
• Execute processes related to job evaluation, salary administration, merit increases and incentive compensation
• Oversee retirement plan administration and bi-annual meetings with the Retirement Committee
• Ensuring compliance with plan policies, current legislation, regulatory requirements, and corporate governance requirements
• Manage the compliance related training for the Canadian population
• Support the Vice President, People and Organization with the paygrade structure for the globalizing Imageworks businesses
• Participate in the onboarding of all the employees supporting the Canadian operations
• Bachelor's degree in business administration or related discipline
• Minimum of 3 - 5 years of experience administering compensation and benefit programs in Canada or generalist work.
• Knowledge of compensation principles and salary administration.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills with ability to articulate clearly both with the written and spoken word, with ability to influence by adopting a range of styles, tools and techniques appropriate to the audience or nature of information
• Asset to have knowledge of Canadian pension and benefit legislation and regulations.
• Team player with the ability to collaborate with multiple internal stakeholders at all levels of the organization to accomplish positive results
• Strong analysis/problem solving abilities with a proven ability to pay close attention to details and show strong initiative
• Able to take initiative, effective at prioritizing multiple projects, comfortable working in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
• Highly analytical, with expert level Excel skills.
*Sony Pictures - CAN - Vancouver
Sony Pictures' global operations encompass motion picture production, acquisition and distribution; television production, acquisition and distribution; television networks; digital content creation and distribution; operation of studio facilities; and development of new entertainment products, services and technologies.