- Full Time
- Mid (2-5 years) Experience
Job DescriptionData Science Manager
• Modeling: Design, build and improve machine learning models related to movie goers' and TV audience behavior. Work on the entire development process, i.e., data collection, feature engineering, algorithm development, analysis, visualization, and communicating the results. Collaborate with the team to productize models. Drive experimentation to test the impact of the models.
• Deep analysis: Develop comprehensive understanding of movie goer and audience data structures and metrics. Mine large data sets to identify opportunities for driving growth of theater admissions and TV audiences.
• Visualization of Complex Data sets: Development of prototype solutions, mathematical models, algorithms, and robust analytics leading to actionable insights, and communicating them clearly and visually.
• Partnership: Partner closely with business stakeholders to identify and unlock opportunities, and with other data teams to improve platform capabilities around data modeling, data visualization, experimentation, and data architecture.
• Lead complex projects and initiatives, to include responsibility for detailed scope negotiation and work estimation, design proposals, development and teaching of necessary skills, adaptation of plans to meet operational challenges, and representation of the team with senior leaders and with partners (e.g. network research teams, distribution research teams, Global theatrical team, Global Data Science Team, internal stakeholders, and vendors)
• Lead research and development of emerging science, tools, and technologies.
Basic Qualifications :
• 2 or more years of related/relevant experience
• Ability to understand and support a large business domain or multiple significant domains
• Competence in multiple topics from statistics, optimization, machine learning, and/or econometrics. Breadth of knowledge enabling responsibility for large, complex, or varied output
• Competence in mathematical computing with at least one programming language (e.g. Python, R, Java), and the ability to learn technical methods and tools independently
• Proven knowledge of media, entertainment, and preferably cinema industry
• Previous experience in marketing analytics and consumer insights, especially in the movie and series audience space
• Excellent analytical skills and advanced level of statistics knowledge
• Familiarity with data exploration and data visualization tools such as Tableau, R
• Experience in natural language processing, time series, random forests
• Experience with experimentation design and analysis, e.g., A/B testing, attribution modeling
• Strong expertise with Python and libraries such as scikit-learn and scipy
• Familiarity with data platforms and applications such as Jupyter, Snowflake, Github, Databricks, Airflow
• Bachelors in technical discipline (Statistics, Operations Research, Industrial or Computer Engineering, Mathematics, Machine Learning, Econometrics, or related field)
BRA - Sao Paulo - Thera Corporate Center
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-revp27-3-238-72-122-42 in your application.
Find More Jobs Like This
Sony Pictures' global operations encompass motion picture production, acquisition and distribution; television production, acquisition and distribution; television networks; digital content creation and distribution; operation of studio facilities; and development of new entertainment products, services and technologies.