Full Time Job
- Full Time
- Senior (5-10 years) Experience
Assistant Manager (Based in Philippines or Singapore)
Sony Picture's Global Finance Operations (GFO) is seeking a Assistant Manager for its Media Networks finance division. This position will liaise with CapGemini (BPO) and internal management (operations and finance) to ensure timely Financial Close and Reporting for Media Networks Domestic Networks and Consolidation (subscription and ad-supported channels, e.g. Sony Movie Channel, offering premium movies), and Game Show Network (SPT's largest domestic cable channel) among others. Successful candidates should be strategic thinkers and proactive problem solvers, flexible to changes, and passionate about learning and development.
• Calculate and perform posting of various journal entries
• Prepare balance sheet reconciliations
• Support the VP & ED to coordinate completion of monthly financial statements and reporting, quarterly and annual internal reviews and external audits.
• Prepare tax packages and requests from the tax department.
• Prepare music society royalty accrual, statements and payments.
• Work closely with other SPT finance functional groups such as billing and collection and accounts payable.
• Supervise the completion of ad hoc projects timely and accurately.
• Develop and maintain strong relationships with BPO, operations and corporate management.
• Bachelor's degree in accounting or business
• Minimum 2.5 years related experience in finance/accounting including 2+ years of supervisory experience required
• SAP experience required
• Intermediate on MS Excel. Proficient in MS PowerPoint and Word.
• Entertainment Industry experience preferred but not a must
• CPA preferred
• Strong understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
• Strong follow-through on all projects; ability to bring projects to timely completion with minimal supervision.
• Ability to develop, establish and improve internal financial policies and procedures.
• Ability to effectively direct and supervise.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic, teamwork environment.
• Excellent communication skills especially with non-Finance individuals.
• Strong organizational and PC skills.
• Passionate about new media and its market development is a plus but not required.
PHL - Manila - MGFO
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d8oz76-34-239-154-240-42 in your application.
Find More Jobs Like This
Sony Pictures' global operations encompass motion picture production, acquisition and distribution; television production, acquisition and distribution; television networks; digital content creation and distribution; operation of studio facilities; and development of new entertainment products, services and technologies.