At Sony Music Entertainment, we are passionate about helping our artists succeed in an industry that sees constant change and opportunity for innovation. The Global Business Development & Digital Strategy team is on the front line and we strive to be ahead of the curve and shape how customers connect with the music they love. The team represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills and we embrace diversity, equal opportunity and progress in a serious way.
You will join a team of data-savvy negotiators who focus on executing distribution partnerships with a variety of digital service providers. This is a senior role that will be expected to have a big impact. On day one, you should be able to articulate digital distribution deal structures and strategies, evaluate deal performance and options, and start taking a leading role in negotiations with Sony Music's commercial partners and in projects on digital business strategy.
This is a rare opportunity to have direct influence on music industry evolution, present strategic recommendations to senior management, and negotiate deals with digital partners that benefit Sony Music's entire artist roster, while closely collaborating with teams across the company and the globe.
What you'll do:
• Negotiate and manage digital content licensing deals that align interests among sophisticated business organizations, including major global media and technology companies from day one (Director) or in the longer term (Associate Director).
• Regularly track and benchmark deals performance, and creatively help partners evolve through the changes in the digital music landscape. Coordinate internal communication, analysis and financial modelling to ensure effective information flow, informed decision-making, and sharing of best practices.
• Serve as point of contact, source of guidance and support resource for regional and local digital teams for a selection of markets. Operate as an internal expert to advise on digital content licensing and market development opportunities.
• Make strategic recommendations regarding business opportunities that will deliver new or enhanced revenue streams for SME and SME artists, and advise management thoroughly and concisely.
• Work collaboratively with a team of negotiators and dedicated business analysts as well as colleagues across multiple functional areas of the business. Build relationships and enhance the overall organization's culture, diversity and performance.
• Who you are:
• Undergraduate degree required. MBA from a top-tier program desirable but not required
• A minimum of 2-3 years (Associate Director) or 4-5 years (Director) experience working in content licensing, digital media or top-tier management consulting with media, entertainment or technology companies; international experience is a plus
• Very good negotiator with strong business acumen, strategic thinking, great attention to detail with a keen eye for data
• Excellent problem-solving, combined with outstanding analytical skills, creativity and efficiency
• Great verbal and written communications skills combined with interpersonal skills working across multiple cultures
• Passion for music, digital media and innovation is a (big) plus
What we give you:
• You join an inclusive, collaborative and global community where you have the opportunity to fuel the creative journey
• A modern office environment designed to foster productivity, creativity, and teamwork
• An attractive and comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life & disability coverage, and 401K + employer matching
• Voluntary benefits like company-paid identity theft protection and resources for pets, mental health and meditation resources, industry-leading fertility coverage, fully paid leave for childbirth or bonding, fully paid leave for caregivers, programs for loved ones with developmental disabilities and neurodiversity, subsidized back-up child and elder care, and reimbursement for adoption, surrogacy, tuition and student loans
• We invest in your professional growth & development
Time off for a winter recess
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d87o09-3-236-84-188-42 in your application.