Media Strategy Lead - Live Services & eCommerce
Sony Interactive Entertainment
San Mateo, CA
Senior Media Project Manager
San Mateo, CA
The Senior Media Project Manager is responsible for supporting cross-functional marketing projects and initiatives within the Global Media team. This role will facilitate and prioritize our global ways of working to ensure media is in-market on time for every campaign. You will collaborate with a variety of partners including brand marketing, finance, creative, regional media teams and our media agency. Successful candidates will seek efficiencies in processes and platforms, as well as ensuring timely delivery of outcomes at scale.
SIE is rethinking Digital Marketing, building a best-in-class data foundation and recently launched an in-house digital media buying team. You will establish global process to ensure efficient and consistent campaign development happens across agency and in-house teams. This individual will support in-house billing and ad operations.
If you are collaborative, driven and solutions-focused, with ability to proactively identify and solve problems to ensure detailed campaign execution, this is a phenomenal role for you!
• Project manage campaign execution across the globe to ensure process milestones are met and all global territories have localized creative ready to be in-market on time.
• Consolidate and coordinate documentation, processes, timelines, standard methodologies, and other resources in a central global repository.
• Collaborate with other team members and departments to build and improve use of tools/technologies, processes, and communication.
• Contribute to budget management processes, end of month reporting to finance, handle budget transfers, and liaise with internal teams and sourcing as required.
• Lead coordinating and tracking of POs for internally purchased media.
• Work with legal on contracts required for in-house media purchasing.
• Translate business objectives into trackable media performance metrics for ongoing campaign measurement and optimization.
• Support QA of all global ad creative assets including alignment to taxonomy, naming conventions, and delivery workflow.
• Support the Global Media Planning and Performance teams with other duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
• Bachelor's degree and/or equivalent preferred
• 5-7 years of experience within media agency environment or in-house
• Advanced knowledge in using tools, systems, and processes for successful end-to-end project management from kick off to completion
• Strong project management, documentation, and communication
• Consistent track record managing projects with large budgets, complex strategies, and driving quantifiable results for established brands with a high volume of campaigns
• Shown success working on a global brand or account
• Experience with budget management and working within finance and PO systems
• Ability to translate functional requirements into technical specifications
• Knowledge of ad serving systems and advertising tracking technologies
• A strong understanding of digital media
• An informed, critical point of view on the pre-campaign setup process required to deliver campaign success
• In-depth knowledge of media planning fundamentals e.g. reach, frequency, formats, etc.
• Proficient in other MS Office products like Word and PowerPoint
• Advanced experience in working with Excel (e.g. PivotTables, Pivot Graph, Data Table, etc.)
Candidate Preferred Qualities:
• PMP certification or equivalent
• Ad operations related certifications (IAB, DV360/DoubleClick, Facebook Buying Professional)
• Strong leadership and entrepreneurial spirit
• Knowledge of most recent global privacy legislation, such as: GDPR, CCPA, COPPA and more
• Cross-channel media strategy: the skills to connect programmatic, search and social media plans to larger Sony Media objectives
• Ability to juggle multiple priorities and maintain strong attention to detail
• Work under pressure and with short deadlines across multiple teams with fragmented, vertical priorities
• Process-focused with the ability to clearly define, implement, and manage globally scalable processes for a new and growing team
• Self-starter with passion, energy, enthusiasm to get results and affect meaningful change!
• Strong interest in video games and entertainment
Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services.