San Diego Studio, MLB The Show
location: San Diego, CA
San Diego Studio is seeking a Producer who will play an integral role on the growing MLB The Show development team. You will aid in evolving the studio's production processes, contribute to feature development, and will assist in management of day-to-day development in a cross-discipline game team. Please note this role requires you to be on site in our San Diego Studio location.
• Contribute in the role of a Scrum Master on a UI/UX focused development team, facilitating agile/scrum meetings and activities; while working closely with the Product Owners, team members, and Partners.
• Interact on a day-to-day basis on production tasks with our internal team across multiple fields, features, and groups: UI/UX, environments, graphics, research, social, etc.
• Work with team to breakdown sophisticated ideas and concepts into manageable tasks.
• Cultivate an environment of open communication and collaboration within the game team, to communicate early and often on the status of work.
• Build and maintain project plans, schedules, and roadmaps to help identify cross-discipline dependencies or potential risks, coordinating communication efforts and input to help drive the team to successful outcomes.
• Communicate frequently and optimally with the rest of the project team, production team, Product Owners, and subject area leads on the project status, risks, and opportunities to ensure they are advised and on track towards deliverable goals.
• Utilize project tracking tools to maintain a constant awareness of game status and results.
• Supply to the development and refinement of the production management processes to increase studio efficiency and quality.
• Serve as a mentor and provide leadership, information, and resources to new and existing team members.
• Improve our games by participating in internal playtests/reviews and communicating feedback to the relevant partners.
• Follow vital processes and procedures for product development to ensure Sony company-wide policies are adhered to.
• AAA game experience is a must
• At least 2-4 years experience working in a production role on an art-based team to help own the team's ability to deliver on time and on budget
• Experience in Agile Project Management
• Strong communication and organization skills
• Able to adapt quickly in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
• Experience working with programmers, artists and designers in cross-discipline development
• Experience with Microsoft Office Suite, Jira, and Confluence.
• Deep understanding of game development, software development process, and project management practices
• Self-starter; you approach challenges creatively and methodically, seeing them through to final resolution
• Ability to drive high velocity, high impact development cycles, balancing out short-term needs and long-term vision
• Must love games and have a passion for crafting them!
• Knowledge of Baseball
• Familiarity with MLB The Show
• Prior experience with User Interface tooling, Adobe Creative Suite, and Figma
• Scrum Master Certified
You are curious and driven to learn more. We are seeking self-starters who can really dig into project/task management and find effective ways to contribute to the group and the studio. As the production group is entirely focused on projects and dealing with many different contingencies, the candidate must be able to jump into the mix and find ways to contribute.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r1yeje-34-204-180-223-42 in your application.