Payroll Lead, North America – San Mateo, CA
Sony Interactive Entertainment is searching for a Payroll Lead that will support and manage our North American Payroll Operations. The candidate will have 6 to 8 years of hands-on payroll operational experience supporting US and Canadian workforce. The role will lead the SIE Payroll team and deliver on our 3 Pillars of Success: 1). Timely and accurate payroll processing; 2). Foster and extend our service-first approach; 3). Promote and advocate continual progression of our capabilities. The candidate must leverage their exceptional organizational skills to manage team assignments, deliver timely payroll processing, and be passionate about Customer Service. The candidate will use their critical and analytical thinking skills to resolve issues and be comfortable in situations where details may be limited and/or ambiguous - realizing how the pieces of the payroll puzzle fit.
• Own and Manage the SIE-Payroll Incident Management area to ensure requests and inquiries are fulfilled in accordance defined SLAs; triage and assign cases to team members which could be from our cross-functional partners (e.g., Benefits, Leaves).
• Lead auditing of ''preview'' payroll registers and oversee the SIE Payroll team action items to prepare corrections/adjustments of identified variances.
• Be hands-on by supporting the team with preparing necessary documentation and pay data templates for payroll transactions such as, but not limited to: employee withholding, time data and check adjustments, tax withholding and garnishments
• Continuously improve the SIE Payroll processes by realizing and develop enhancement to existing or building new solutions to prepare, audit, balance and reconcile pay data.
• Identify and document trending in payroll/time and employee master data audits per pay period as part of SIE Payroll's continuous improvement initiative.
• Partner with SIE's Head of Payroll to deliver on strategic initiatives and drive business enhancements.
How You'll be SUCCESSFUL
With your analytical thinking abilities and operational expertise, you will have the opportunity to create, empower and enrich an essential part of SIE's business. In this role, your responsibilities will span across both functional and technical areas; involve various internal and external stakeholders with a focus and drive to support and deliver on the complex needs for our customers.
Qualifications and Success Factors
• Advanced skills using Excel to analyze data as well as demonstrated proficiency using the full suite of MS Office applications
• of 3 to 5 years of direct experience using ADP Vantage (US) and WFN (CAN)
• of 2 year of experience leading an outsourced payroll environment (ADP COS experience preferred)
• Advance knowledge of time/labor and absence management concepts and practices with a minimum of 2 years of experience supporting TLA requirements elicitation
• Advanced knowledge of wage and hour laws and taxability of wages – especially for California-based employees (EDD)
• Exemplary customer service skills with a genuine desire to provide exceptional customer service to our business partners and most importantly, our employees
• Self-driven with exceptional time management skills and the ability to work collaboratively within a team setting with minimal supervision
How You'll Standout
• Experience with business process modeling; develop/document payroll process diagrams/flows, standard operating procedures and job aids.
• Written and verbal skills to effectively partner and interact at all levels within SIE and affiliate organizations (e.g. Sony family of companies).
• HR IT/systems experience including Workday HCM, ADP applications: MyADP, ADP4ME, SmartCompliance, and ServiceNow CRM.
• Understanding of system integration and data exchange principles (source to target)
• Bachelor's degree; advanced degree in lieu of experience
• CPP or FPC designation is ideal