Marketing Data Engineer
San Mateo, CA
Manager, Product Insights & Planning, Monetization- San Mateo
This role resides under the Platform Planning & Management (PPM) organization with the Monetization function, focusing on monitoring the health of SIE Game Subscription Services & platform engagement, generating insights using internal data to validate product plans.
The ideal candidate will have a natural curiosity for data discovery and creativity to look at both existing and new data sources to build hypothesis that drive growth through efficient product planning and management. You will analyze complex set of data, including behavioral and product usage data, and provide insights on areas that will drive product decisions through understanding user needs and desires. You will also build and monitor benchmarks and critical metrics to track the success of each product features and suggest the best approach to quantify & increase engagement across the platform. Additionally, you will continuously think about the existing data set and suggest ways to evolve the way we track and look at data.
• Develop a fundamental understanding of the data related to the product & businesses within Monetization
• Extract and integrate data from multiple databases/system sources via SQL and reporting tools to support reporting and analytical efforts related to consumer behaviors and product usage.
• Provide clear, fully thought out analysis that will feed into Service/Platform Plan(s) that will provide clear strategic context focusing on measurable outcomes
• Develop and manipulate spreadsheets, databases, and data and web analytical tools to monitor product performance against critical metrics, forecasts, customer happiness
• Understand various business models including subscription & transaction based models
• Support life-cycle management initiatives by analyzing and segmenting existing user base, including on and off console behaviors, LTV, and Retention programs
• Interpret user journeys and behaviors to understand consumer desirability and gaps in existing experiences/offerings
• Build heatmaps, funnels and SWOT analysis to drive product optimization
• On-going examination of all data sources (qualitative as well as quantitative) for insight, expansion & growth opportunities
• Continually build and review existing analysis to help brainstorm and create data driven strategies, plans and product improvements
• Participate and support in presenting findings/insights and pitching ideas and solutions to various teams
• Work in close collaboration with internal data groups to evolve analyses and improve overall subscription service data quality
• 7+ years' experience within analytical or business intelligence roles for video games, technology products and / or subscription services
• SQL programming skills required. Proven understanding of data warehousing principles and data modelling
• Experience with Adobe Analytics or other web analytics tools
• Outstanding analytical, quantitative, problem-solving, and critical thinking skills
• Proven track record in using a wide variety of technical tools to enable the visualization of sophisticated data forms and turning complex analyses into relevant insights
• Experience with financial & customer life-cycle modelling
• Strong written & verbal communication skills – comfortable presenting to all levels
• Ability to work collaboratively with many partners in order to achieve common objectives
• Expert user of Microsoft Excel & PowerPoint
• Experience with other standard BI and visualization tools including Tableau, Microstrategy and/or Business Objects
• Organized self-starter, with drive and dedication
• Bachelor's Degree in Business, Math or Statistics or equivalent experience.
• Familiarity with PlayStation Network and/or console gamer
Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services.