Location San Diego, CA
This is a contract role with benefits and payroll administered via Staffing Agency DZConnex
Calling All Character Artists who love baseball!
As a Character Artist working on MLB The Show, you will optimally collaborate with a wide range of development team members outside of your direct area of expertise, such as the Art Manager, Art Leads, Designers, Technical Artists, Animators, Programmers and Producers, to successfully achieve artistic goals and implementation.
• Model and texture MLB player characters and/or crowd characters and related props as needed with an emphasis on realism.
• Work closely with the Character Lead or assigned team member
• Collaborate on assets with the Character Team and other teams or individuals as needed.
• Research and contribute to the production pipelines, processes, and workflows.
• Additional responsibilities may be assigned as needed.
Requirements & Skills:
• Traditional fine art skills, training and production experience (illustration, painting, composition, human anatomy / organic forms, color theory, perspective, 2D & 3D design).
• Knowledge of a game production pipeline.
• Knowledge of character modeling techniques, workflows, and processes.
• Relevant software proficiencies: ZBrush, Maya, Substance Painter, Photoshop, XGen.
• Possess the ability to work independently, take feedback, and work within a team setting.
• At least 3+ years of proven experience working in video game product development including, but not limited to, workflow, tools, lighting, high and low poly modeling, texture painting, material setup, character skinning and rigging, surface sampling, mapping techniques, and UV layout.
• B.A. in fine arts or relevant curriculum, or equivalent skill set.
• Good communication, organizational, time management and interpersonal skills.
• 1 or more published titles
• Experience creating life like human 3d portraits from reference images.
• Experience crafting hair using Maya's XGen grooming system or similar.
• Knowledge of Unity, Unreal or equivalent game engines is a plus.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r0nbw8-3-238-132-225-42 in your application.