Associate Gameplay Engineer
Foster City, CA
Technical Design Director - Sledgehammer Games
With the Design Team
• Identify workflow inefficiencies and propose improvements.
• Review design (inclusive of scripting) for quality and consistency of implementation, suggest improvements.
With the Game Team
• Be a Liaison to other disciplines with technical handoffs and overlap (e.g. Engineering, Animation).
• Identify pain points in workflow and pipelines. Work with relevant disciplines to propose solutions.
Project & Studio
• Provide risk assessment and scoping for game design (LD/GD)
• Create and maintain technical documentation for design & scripting standards and best practices.
• Analyze internal tools. Propose improvements and work with the team on priorities.
• Stay up-to-date with outside industry tools and technology.
• Train team on tools and new features.
• A sharp eye for quality and the skills to execute against it.
• The ability to give and receive feedback well.
• A willingness to reach out to partner studios and central teams to build best practice within the studio.
• The ability to influence and federate the team to adopt best practices.
• The ability to propose scalable, robust visions for the future of the Design family.
• Seven or more years of direct game development experience. Proven success, or relevant experience, in driving team results through strong leadership
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Proven problem solving and trouble-shooting skills
• Experience managing change
• Strong portfolio of work in current-gen engines
• Experience developing first-person shooters (not required)
• Strong creative and technical design skills.
• Ability to conceptualize and communicate an engaging gameplay experience and the technical ability to carry out your vision.
• Experience in Radiant, UnrealEd, Hammer, or other first-person shooter level editors.
• 10+ years professional game design experience with heavy emphasis on Technical Design.
• Self-motivated with the highest level of attention to detail.
• Works well in a team environment.
• Strong communication skills.
• Takes and understands direction and feedback well, meets deadlines and handles multiple tasks.
Activision Blizzard, Inc. is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment.