Sr. Technical Artist
Foster City, CA
Job Title:Sr. Technical Artist – Sledgehammer Games
As a Senior Technical Artist, will provide support building and delivering key technologies and workflows that enable artists and designers to quickly implement visual content into our games. The ideal candidate will have a strong eye for art quality and knowledge of real-time requirements and constraints. He or she will act as a bridge between art and engineering demonstrating superior communication skills to facilitate problem solving between departments while adding new ideas, new techniques and working with the latest technologies to create world-class games.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
• Support the Tech Art team in debugging issues with tools or assets
• Support the Tech Art team for rendering and performance efforts
• Develop workflows and standards for efficient lighting work, including optimization standards
• Create lighting setups that require high technical skill or specialist knowledge (In-game and Cinematic)
• Support Material efforts and help enforce PBR Standards
• Collaborate with other Technical Artists to improve studio tools, workflows, and pipelines.
• Proactively identify problems, propose solutions and seek out buy-in from the team regarding implementation strategy
• Advanced understanding of one or more commercially available real-time engines (e.g. UE4, Unity, CryEngine).
• Artistic eye with advanced understanding of rendering techniques
• Advanced understanding of modern DCC tools and content authoring techniques
• Proficiency with GPU performance auditing tools
• Proficiency with Python and C# coding languages
• Proficiency with HLSL and GLSL shader programming
• Proficiency in Substance Designer/Painter
• Excellent communication skills, especially with regards to illustrating technical processes.
• Shipped at least 2 AAA titles from start to finish on multiple platforms (e.g. PS4, Xbox-One.)
• C++ experience
• Computer Science or Masters of Fine Arts degree
• Experience in Houdini SideFX
• Extensive portfolio with examples of professional work (e.g. art, scripts, tools, materials, etc.)
• Blueprint or asset scripting abilities
• Has trained or mentored others
Activision Blizzard, Inc. is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment.