Senior Environment Artist
Foster City, CA
Job Title:Sr. Environment Artist - Sledgehammer Games
As a Senior Environment Artist, you will model and texture industry leading environments. If you have a desire to work on the most successful FPS franchise in the history of video games, please apply online.
Note: A portfolio submission is required for this position. Please focus this portfolio on personal contributions to your projects. Please include a shot breakdown specifying what you were directly responsible for creating.
Sledgehammer Games has a state-of-the-art facility, an industry leading development team, and a studio culture built to promote and support world class game developers. We are actively recruiting top talent for our Call of Duty development team.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
• Work closely with the Art Director and a team of artists and level designers to assemble and detail game environments.
• Create visually appealing, realistic 3D models of natural and architectural elements based on concept art and photo reference.
• Work within budgets while hitting key timelines.
• Troubleshoot technical and artistic issues.
• Communicate effectively with team members, production and management to ensure that project goals and deadlines are met.
• Deliver environments that adhere to strict performance targets.
• Evaluate software, tech and tools to help identify opportunities for pipeline improvement.
• Have creative ownership over large sections of an environment.
• Contribute to high quality look development with the goal of setting the bar.
• Able to prioritize and delegate tasks to junior members of the art team.
• Help train and mentor more junior artists.
• 5+ years of experience creating high-quality 3D architecture, environments, and levels for AAA games.
• Ability to execute highly detailed, photo realistic environments, helping to set the bar for other artists at the studio.
• Receive, give, and apply feedback effectively while maintaining a positive attitude.
• Highly proficient in Maya or 3ds Max, Photoshop and Substance Painter.
• Strong understanding of lighting, color and scene composition.
• Advanced understanding of physically based material creation, with preference given to those who are adept in material creation.
• Proficient in next-gen asset creation.
• Experience with a level editor. (i.e. Unreal, Unity, Frostbite, Radiant, etc.)
• Self-driven, dedicated to advancing your craft, and eager to learn new techniques and software.
• You are passionate about games; take pride in everything you do and have a positive attitude.
• 2+ AAA games shipped
• Foundation in traditional art with ability of concepting ideas.
• Additional experience in lighting, VFX, design, etc.
• Exceptional visual and technical understanding of 3D modeling and texturing.
• Proficient in Zbrush
• Understanding of photogrammetry processes and workflows.
• Architecture, photography, photogrammetry or cinematography experience.
Activision Blizzard, Inc. is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment.