Sr. Technical Artist
Foster City, CA
Job Title:Senior UI Engineer - Sledgehammer Games
As a Senior UI Engineer you will be actively coding and engineering UI screens for various aspects of the game. You will need to possess practical knowledge of LUA scripting language with the ability to implement content into the game engine. Qualified candidates will need to have a strong background in engineering human graphical interfaces and have a well-rounded understanding of user experiences applicable to console games.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
• Develop, modify, and debug UI software in script and C/C++
• Deploy, evaluate performance, optimize and test UI software on PC and console platforms
• Collaborate with other internal departments (art, design, audio, QA, etc)
• Co-develop and collaborate with other Activision studios
• Document software and features for internal and external engineering teams
• Participate in the scheduling, design, performance and code review process
• Report to UI Lead Engineer
• Bachelor's degree in a Computer Science, Engineering, or Math related field
• Shipped at least one game title
• 5+ years of experience working in the game industry
• Demonstrated proficiency in and knowledge of C/C++, data structures, performance, and multi-threaded programming techniques.
• Proven ability to collaborate, coordinate, communicate and support other team members
• Comprehensive understanding of object-oriented programming
• Creative, motivated, focused, passionate, results-oriented
• Demonstrated ability to write efficient, clean, readable, portable, and reliable code
• Passion for games
• Aptitude for UX design
• Background in ActionScript programming
• Background in C# programming
• Background in Lua programming
• Experience with console development (360, PS3, Xbox One, PS4)
Sledgehammer Games is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Activision Blizzard, Inc. is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment.