As a Senior Animator, you will become part of a tight-knit team that prides itself on creating in-game and cinematic animations that are complex and believable. Working with the department lead, you will receive shot assignments or animation tasks that contribute to furthering understanding of character and/or action and advance the emotional and gameplay goals of the project. Completing your work will require you to build relationships with many production disciplines, such as Design, Engineering, and Environment, as you all collaborate to achieve the best visual and narrative results for each game.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
• Use traditional animation fundamentals to craft game motions that range from stylized to hyper-realistic.
• Demonstrate a strong understanding of camera animation and cinematic framing, as well as shot continuity and facial animation.
• Respond well to feedback and be willing to iterate multiple times to achieve the polish level we need to deliver AAA titles.
• Troubleshoot tool implementations and spearhead workflow improvements in order to increase the efficiency and creativity of the team.
• 5 years professional animation experience
• 2+ years of experience specifically as a game animator
• Knowledge of Cinematic and Motion Capture Editing and cleanup
• Strong animation fundamentals with a focus on human movement
• Ability to adapt to new tools and tech
• Expert animating in the Maya environment
• Strong problem-solving skills both technical and cross-department
• Ability to mentor Junior Animators
• Ability to think philosophically about character movement
• An understanding of character creation (modeling, texturing, and rigging) is a bonus.
• An interest in participating in live previs shoots to help clarify tone, choreography, and pacing for mocap actors.
Sledgehammer Games is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against
on the basis of disability.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gm5mo3-3-236-117-38-42 in your application.