Senior Online Engineer
Job Title:Principal Engineer - Sledgehammer Games
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
• Design, write, debug and refine core systems, features, tools and infrastructure as needed
• Identify, diagnose and resolve runtime and author time issues
• Communicate features and collaborate with engineering and content teams
• Participate in the design, performance and code review process
• 10+ years programming experience.
• Demonstrated proficiency in and knowledge of C/C++, data structures, performance, and multi-threaded programming techniques.
• Contributed extensively to the development of two or more shipped games, PC or console.
• Knowledge of common data structures and algorithmic solutions.
• Expert in network protocols.
• Expert of client/server and peer-to-peer architecture.
• Thorough knowledge of software design practices including modular architecture, event-driven architecture, software design patterns and object-oriented design.
• Ability to quickly understand and work with internal and externally developed code.
• University-level degree in Computer Science or related field.
• A strong passion for video games and the online experience.
• Experience with computer game technologies including: AI programming, physics, 3D programming, animation, collision detection.
• Working knowledge of 3D Math.
• Demonstrated ability to write clean, readable, portable, reliable, and optimized code.
Activision Blizzard, Inc. is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment.