Foster City, CA
Job Title:Multiplayer Gameplay Engineer - Sledgehammer Games
As a Gameplay Engineer, you will work closely with content teams to push our gameplay systems to new heights of fun and visual fidelity, creating new systems and leverage existing ones to realize AAA-quality FPS gameplay. This is a great opportunity to work with a passionate engineering team and help shape cutting-edge industry technology.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
• Collaborate with designers to create new gameplay system.
• Support the design department by working on a variety of generalist tasks, to facilitate their efforts.
• Optimization work, related to performance and bandwidth improvements.
• Bug fixing and polish tasks.
• 3+ years of experience in games.
• Fluency in 3D math, related to game programming.
• Fluency in C++.
• Strong design sensibilities and outstanding communication skills.
• Staunch work ethic and high personal standards of quality.
• AAA play-control logic, especially on an FPS title.
• Modern animation techniques and blend trees.
• Networked game logic.
• Real-world AI methods.
• Rigid body kinematics.
• Extending an established code base.
Activision Blizzard, Inc. is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment.