Foster City, CA
Job Title:Expert Technical Artist - Sledgehammer Games
As an Expert Technical Artist, will provide support building and delivering key technologies and workflows that enable artists and designers to quickly implement visual content into our games. The ideal candidate will have a strong eye for art quality and knowledge of real-time requirements and constraints. He or she will act as a bridge between art and engineering demonstrating superior communication skills to facilitate problem solving between departments while adding new ideas, new techniques and working with the latest technologies to create world-class games.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
• Design, Improve, author, collaborate on production-ready core technology to be used across all tools in Technical Art.
• Design, Improve, author, collaborate on production-ready technology and tools to achieve procedural or cinematic quality in-game visuals.
• Prepare and deliver educational presentations on new tools and best practices for both art and engineering.
• Proactively identify problems, propose solutions, and seek out buy-in from the team regarding implementation strategy
• Ensure technologies developed or modified, function within current engine and runtime performance constraints to ensure on-time delivery of titles.
• Ensure technologies developed or modified, function and are scalable for cross-studio support and integration.
• Ensure knowledge sharing, documentation and support is provided regularly to other TAs in the department.
• Evaluate external content creation tools and find opportunities to bridge any gaps with internal technologies
• Advanced understanding of one or more commercially available real-time engines (e.g. UE4, Unity, CryEngine).
• Artistic eye with advanced understanding of the creation & integration of 3D art
• Advanced understanding of modern DCC tools used in Video Games and Film
• Shipped at least 2 AAA titles from start to finish on multiple platforms (e.g. PS4, Xbox-One.)
• Excellent communication skills, especially with regards to illustrating technical processes.
• Organized and capable to break down development tasks for production tracking
• Proficiency with two or more coding languages (Python, C#, C++ or MelScript)
• Has trained or mentored others.
• Extensive portfolio with examples of professional work (e.g. art, scripts, tools, simulations, etc.)
• Blueprint or asset scripting abilities.
• Computer Science degree
Activision Blizzard, Inc. is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment.