Expert VFX Artist
Foster City, CA
Job Title:Associate Outsource Integrator – Environment/Props (Temporary) – Sledgehammer Games
As an Associate Outsource Integrator, you will be responsible for integrating and polishing outsource assets into our game engine. You will act as the final gate for quality, checking that each asset adheres to our strict technical and quality guidelines and fixing and giving feedback for those that don't. This position will focus on environmental props for our campaign and multiplayer levels.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
• Creating and adjusting physically-based textures and materials for OS assets to meet texturing standards and guidelines.
• Making technical model changes as necessary to ensure OS assets meet modeling standards and guidelines
• Work from photo reference, style sheets, and concept during the art creation process.
• Adhere to the aesthetic and technical standards set by the Art Director and Environment Lead.
• Take direction from the Art Director and work with the Environment Lead and designers in achieving the overall vision for the game art.
• Ability to work with internal leads to create asset packages for OS, including gathering additional reference and writing technical specifications
• Integrate OS assets from external vendors using proprietary import tools
• Assure that each asset adheres to strict technical qualifications, and fix issues if asset falls outside tech requirements
• Assure that each asset adheres to our high internal quality bar and make adjustments and improvements if asset does not meet standards
• Perform final asset set-up in engine, adding prefabs and collision to make asset game ready
• Updating art process guideline documentation with any changes that are required during development.
• Experience creating game ready photorealistic set pieces, props, textures, and materials.
• Work well in a large team environment, be proactive, and have excellent communication skills.
• Creating clean and efficient models with proper UV layouts inside Autodesk Maya.
• Understanding of physically-based materials and shaders and is able to achieve the desired surface qualities needed across a variety of environment assets.
• Skilled at balancing art quality and performance in the game engine.
• Patient and detail oriented, willing to problem solve technical issues.
• A passion for making great games.
• Passion for gaming.
• Strong understanding of fundamental art skills and foundations.
• First Person Shooter development experience.
• Experience working with outsource studios.
• Organic modeling and texturing experience in Zbrush or Mudbox.
• Experience with Radiant, Unreal, or a similar level building package
• Substance Painter experience a plus.
Activision Blizzard, Inc. is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment.