Feed Room Operator
Marquee Sports Network is seeking a Transmission Manager to join our Technical Operations Team. We are looking for a bright, self-starter with a strong understanding of master control, ingest, play back, live show work flows and broadcast transmission practices. This individual would manage all live feeds in and out of Marquee Sports Network while monitoring the integrity of our Network, and working with distribution outlets to resolve issues.
The Transmission Manager will report to the Director of Engineering and will require a flexible working schedule including nights, weekends and holidays.
Some of the duties include:
• Monitor the Network during live broadcasts
• Scheduling and coordinating transmission feeds
• Trouble-shooting on-air technical issues to preserve the overall integrity of the Network
• Consolidate and distribute pertinent technical information for all incoming feeds
• Function as liaison with affiliate/distribution departments
• Provide basic transmission/engineering support for control room environment
• Must be able to work flexible schedule including nights, weekends and holidays
• Minimum of 3 years' Master Control experience, including:
• Transmission standards and practices
• Video servers and playout systems
• Automation and ingest
• Encoders and transmission equipment
• Understanding of the live sports environment and trouble-shooting on-air issues
• Broadcast systems engineering experience is a plus
• A self-starter who thrives in a team environment
• Ability to prioritize work in a high-pressure environment
• Eager to learn new technologies and expand their skill set
• A strong communicator with excellent written and oral communication skills
What We Offer:
• Opportunity to be part of a new Network and dedicated team
• Competitive compensation and stock purchase plan
• 401k with company match
• Comprehensive medical, dental & vision coverage
• Employer-paid disability and life insurance
Marquee Sports Network is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace!
Marquee Sports Network is the exclusive television home of the Chicago Cubs in partnership with Sinclair Broadcast Group (Nasdaq: SBGI). It is the Chicago-region's exclusive network for fans to view live Cubs games beginning with the 2020 Major League Baseball season and features extensive pre and postgame coverage, exclusive Cubs content and other local sports programming. Marquee Sports Network brings together one of the most iconic sports franchises in the country with one of the largest television broadcasting companies to deliver unprecedented Cubs coverage for fans.