News Writer / Producer
Sinclair Broadcast Group
Sinclair Broadcast Group's National Team is growing! We are seeking an experienced writer/producer looking to take their next career step to a senior producer. We want a person with a dynamic personality to help lead and manage a writing/producing team that will create content for our news platforms.
The position requires strong skills in journalism and leadership. The ability to build a team, share a vision and execute a strategy are essential skills.
The ideal candidate needs to be nimble and knowledgeable on national and regional news and politics. Must be able to write, produce and edit video. We are looking for experienced people with track records of making smart content decisions.
The Senior Producer will work closely Executive Producer will oversee coverage planning, content management, and operations.
Essential Duties and Requirements include the following:
• Write stories for daily newscasts and digital platforms
• Conduct research on stories in the news cycle
• Gather, write, edit and deliver news content when breaking news occurs
• Edit video news stories for all platforms
• Writing scripts and material for stories under tight deadlines
• Knowledge and skills for integrating content with accompanying digital and social platforms
• Understanding of news writing and story structure
• Exemplary verbal and written communication skills
• The ability to execute during breaking news events and add context
• Must be a team leader that works well with others
• Must be a self-starter, who can generate his or her own story ideas daily
• Ability to work under deadline and on a flexible schedule is required
• Ability to create and execute systems
• Contribute story ideas to daily editorial meetings
• Conduct interviews when required via phone, email, skype or other methods
• Assist in staff scheduling
• Provide input to executive producer for employee reviews
• Participate in regular content planning meetings.
Qualifications: Qualifications- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.Experience:
The candidate must have a minimum of two years' experience managing a team at a commercial news operation. The candidate must have strong leadership skills, excellent communication skills, and the ability to execute news strategies and great news judgement. Flexibility and on-the-spot problems solving abilities are a must. Journalism degree preferred. Proficiency with non-linear editing (i.e. Avid) and newsroom systems such as iNews preferred.
When applying online, candidate must provide examples of stories they have produced that show exceptional creativity. Please provide a link to your work.
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!