News Editor (PT)
If you like to edit and want to work in a fast-paced newsroom, KRCR/KCVU has an exciting opportunity for you! We are looking for an experienced, detail-oriented, and creative part-time News Editor to join our team in beautiful Northern California!
Job responsibilities include:
• Editing video for daily news coverage, special projects, and sweep period pieces
• Taking in news feeds from news bureaus and various news organizations
• Collaborating with anchors, reporters, and producers on video elements of newscasts
• Meeting daily deadlines in a high-energy working environment
• Creating content for station's social media platforms
• Duties might also include assistance in live newscast production (running audio board or graphics, floor directing, etc.).
• Experience is not necessary, but education and/or internship in television or related field preferred
• Training will be provided
General Hours: Monday-Friday 2 am-7 am
• Might be asked to work on weekends or other hours as needed, on occasion
• This is a part-time, hourly position
Requirements and Qualifications:
• College degree or minimum of one (1) year of relative experience in the field
• Knowledge of the AVID editing suite is a plus. Training available.
• Ability to work with a multitude of people and personalities while maintaining a professional work environment
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug-Free Workplace!
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g385jn-44-200-74-241-42 in your application.