We are looking for a dynamic Investigative News Producer for a Washington, DC-based national evening newscast. Our goal is to offer audiences on multiple platforms something different. The kind of coverage they care about, the kind that impacts their lives – but that they cannot find anywhere else.
The ideal candidate will have solid news judgment, be a compelling and accurate writer, and be able to multitask and manage their time in order to help contribute to an exciting and informative newscast. We are looking for someone with a clear understanding of how to dig for a story, research it, write it with an edge and use strong storytelling and TV production to make it powerful and memorable on multiple platforms. Knowledge of the FOIA (Freedom of Information Act) process, computer-assisted reporting, and data-driven reporting is required along with familiarity of legal issues related to investigative television news reporting. Strong writing skills and knowledge of current events is essential. Dynamic storytelling skills are a must.
If you are a news ''seeker'' and content ''predator'', this is the job for you. This is a highly collaborative environment. The ability to work as part of a team is a must.
• Develop and maintain contacts and sources in the community to enterprise story ideas
• Identify and pitch investigative angles on big daily news stories
• Work closely with Producer and Executive Producer to refine investigative pitches and story scripts
• Write online versions of investigative reports and produce digital specific content for each investigation
• Other duties as assigned
• Three (3) years of investigative producing experience preferred
• History of award-winning investigative journalism preferred
• Bachelor's degree in a related field preferred
• Must be a strong storyteller with the ability to make the complicated understandable
• Must be able to use all available tools to enhance stories, from graphics to social media
• Should be able to generate story ideas and determine the legitimacy of viewer tips
• Strong writer, storyteller
• Must be naturally inquisitive with an interest in holding government officials accountable
While applying please provide an online portfolio link for review.
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rezy08-3-236-239-91-42 in your application.