- Full Time
- Mid (2-5 years) Experience
The ideal candidate will oversee production of newscasts and special programming and fill in on producing of daily newscasts for our ABC affiliate WPDE in Myrtle Beach and our sister station WTGS in Savannah (remotely from Myrtle Beach). You will work closely with the other producers and reporters on daily selection and coverage. As a newsroom leader, the expectation is that the Executive Producer will lead by example.
• Copy edit shows/script reviews
• Manage and train other Producers
• Special projects
• Planning and overseeing continuity into upcoming newscasts
• Work closely with digital team to ensure continuity between digital and broadcast
• Other responsibilities as assigned
• A four-year degree in journalism or communications is preferred
• A minimum of 4 years of related experience
• Strong writing skills and a proven track record for getting results on initiatives
• Great people skills with an emphasis on coaching and motivating
A successful candidate will have had at least 4 years of experience in broadcast journalism as a producer, or equivalent experience.
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!