Make your mark in the digital sport landscape!
We thrive on innovation and a passion for connecting people with the best local sports content. As we grow our content offerings and expand our broadcast, cable, and digital distribution channels we're embracing new technologies to fuel that growth. We're driven by a belief that flexibility and agility will address rapidly changing media environments and we are confident that great people and great technology equal great solutions.
In your role as Director, Digital Video Engineering, you will work with internal and external resources to design, implement and support the Regional Sport Network architecture and workflow. In all these areas you'll be part of a diverse, industry experts on several fields from signal acquisition to OTT distribution.
The ideal candidate will be a self-starter driven by their own curiosity and sense of urgency. As an integral part of their rapid problem-solving skills, they will be able to frequently learn and operate new technologies.
What will you do?
• Collaborate with Engineering, Operation and Product Team to develop Digital engineering roadmaps
• Managing and delivering large media engineering programs while working with project teams, assessing engagement risks, driving conclusions, and reviewing/challenging the output produced by the teams
• Performing detailed research and discovery efforts to gather data on forward-looking, transformational media architectures and the systems that support them
• Working with external consulting teams, partners, vendors to assist these efforts and drive an actionable development plan
• Providing excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to organize, conceptually interpret and communicate material developed collaboratively with the input of multiple parties
Qualifications and Experience
• Experience of designing large scale complex end to end solutions for Linear and OTT video platforms
• Strong knowledge of media technology and transformation to cloud
• Professional experience architecting/operating solutions built on Cloud platforms (AWS, Google and Azure)
• Experience on in-band and out-of-band signaling standard like SCTE 35 / SCTE 224 / Watermarking
• Experience on TV platform around metadata ingestion, subscriber management, authentication, digital rights management, and analytics
• Experience evaluating partnerships and third-party vendors
• Agile process and SRE best-practices
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
The Company is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices. The base salary compensation range for this role is $150,000 to $170,000 and this position is eligible for benefits that include participation in a retirement plan, life and disability insurance, health, dental and vision plans, flexible spending accounts, sick leave, vacation time, personal time, parental leave and employee stock purchase plan. Please note that the compensation information provided is a good faith estimate for Colorado-based hires only and is provided pursuant to the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act and Equal Pay Transparency Rules. Final compensation for this role will be determined by various factors such as a candidates' relevant work experience, skills, certifications, and geographic location.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rz1b87-34-231-247-88-42 in your application.