Sinclair Broadcast Group seeks a motivated and experienced Senior Cloud Engineer to join the Corporate Information Technology Department. The individual will develop, integrate and support key Enterprise infrastructure solutions.
• Collaborate with other internal teams and third-party vendors to define best-in-class solutions
• Proactively monitor KPIs and address areas of improvement for public, private and hybrid cloud solutions
• Configuration, management, and maintenance of cloud-based solutions across public, private and hybrid clouds
• Ensure cloud security measures are incorporated into infrastructure implementation
• Support and participate in the development of architecture designs for enterprise-wide systems infrastructure environments
• Drive efficiencies through process automation and Infrastructure as Code frameworks
• Develop and maintain pipelines for deploying infrastructure
Experience, Skills & Competencies:
• 5+ years of experience in IT engineering
• 3+ years of experience directly administering and supporting cloud solutions including compute, networking, storage, and security
• 3+ years of experience with scripting and IT process automation – PowerShell, Ansible, Terraform, Python, Azure DevOps, etc.
• 5+ years of Linux systems administration in an enterprise level environment
• Experience in architecture, engineering, and operation of containerization and virtualization technologies
• Understanding of industry best practices surrounding proper maintenance and support of a 24x7 cloud infrastructure – Service/Server hardening, service/server tuning, vulnerability and patch management
• Experience supporting and managing private, public and hybrid cloud solutions
• Experience working within an Agile/SAFe framework
• Strong analytical problem-solving skills with a focus on data-driven decision-making
• Strong presentation skills with deep experience in data usage both in excel and other dash-boarding platforms
• Advanced understanding and experience with monitoring tools
• Strong leadership skills
• Ability to quickly grasp technical issues and offer solutions
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Outgoing and enthusiastic personality
• Professional business demeanor
• Customer-focused attitude and desire to interface directly with end-user clients
• Cloud Certification required (AWS, GCP, Azure)
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Management Information Systems or a related field or equivalent work experience
• Immediate authorization to work in the US
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gqqv41-3-238-90-95-42 in your application.