Creative Director - Brand Experience
The South Regional Sports Networks (RSNs) are seeking a seasoned, dynamic communications professional to drive the public relations strategy for the regional networks serving the Southeast: FOX Sports South, FOX Sports Southeast, FOX Sports Tennessee, and FOX Sports Carolinas. Based in Atlanta, the four networks serve as the regional television home of the Atlanta Braves, Atlanta Hawks, Atlanta United, Atlanta Dream, Memphis Grizzlies, Nashville Predators, Carolina Hurricanes, Charlotte Hornets, and the ACC.
The Associate Director of Communications will play an integral role in the brand positioning of the networks, leveraging public relations strategies to reinforce the South RSNs as the preeminent fan destination for their home teams. The position requires clear and timely communication of content and/or business initiatives focused around live sports, original programming, team partnerships, ad sales, ratings, executive positioning, and community relations.
The primary focus of the role is to develop create strategic communications plans to 1) leverage our content to garner earned media and build brand affinity for the South RSNs; 2) proactively manage the sports narrative by pitching media outlets to arrange interviews, talent appearances, and other media exposure for the brand; and 3) cultivate deep relationships with team partners and media outlets across the region. The Associate Director will also play a key role in leading communications functions around the networks' pending rebrand slated for February 2021.
Additional responsibilities include:
• Proactively manage ''traditional'' media relations practices and tactics for key events and initiatives across the sports season:
• Develop and distribute press releases
• Serve as a communications liaison with trade and consumer media outlets, team partners and fans
• Maintain media relations archives of releases, images, talent bios, media contacts, earned media, etc.
• Draft speaking points and media statements as required
• Respond to/direct media inquiries as appropriate and in a timely fashion
• Spearhead the networks' award submission process (e.g. Emmys)
• Track and analyze program ratings for media placements as well communicate ratings to team partners
• Research and propose new public relations and promotions concepts
Skills and Qualifications:
• Strong sensibilities to create the right PR messages and craft the right story to convey that message
• Ability to serve as a brand ambassador to represent the networks in a professional manner at all times
• Dynamic personality with proven ability to develop and maintain successful business relationships
• Complementary blend of both traditional and digital media expertise, with the ability to exercise either or both as needed when targeting consumer-facing and/or trade media
• Deep understanding of the power of communication through public relations and be comfortable with evangelizing the RSNs to a wide range of constituents, including fans, media, and team partners
• Excellent organizational and project management skills
• Ability to multitask and work in a live, fast-paced environment
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor's degree or educational equivalent required
• A minimum of 6-8 years of professional experience working in communication/PR-related roles
• Knowledge and/or experience in live sports, news and/or agency environment strongly preferred
• Excellent oral and written communication skills required
• Demonstrated ability to write press materials and pitch press
• Solid rapport with local/regional media and an existing database of related contacts strongly preferred
• This role is temporarily remote/WFH due to COVID-19 protocols, but this candidate will ultimately need to be based in Atlanta
• Primarily works in a professional office environment but will also need to be onsite at games and events as needed, often during nights and weekends
• Some travel required
• May be required to lift boxes weighing up to 25lbs on occasion.
• Typical tools, equipment, and softwares utilized include:
• Microsoft Office suite
• Cision/Vocus or related PR database software
• Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and related social media platforms
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!