7 News in Washington, DC is seeking a bold, energetic, and creative full-time News Assignment Editor!
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
• Gathering news affecting the community
• Preparing story items for presentation in the newscasts
• Assisting in the efficient operation of the assignment desk
Required skills and qualifications include, but are not limited to:
• Minimum of two (2) years of assignment desk experience
• Bachelor's degree in journalism or broadcast media preferred
• Commitment to journalistic standards of ethics and accuracy
• Ability to communicate effectively
• Basic computer knowledge/word processing skills
• General knowledge and interest in local, national and world news
• Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines
• Must be able to identify and coordinate breaking news for both broadcast and digital platforms
• Ability to create and write stories for digital and social media
• Strong planning skills
• Ability to develop and maintain contacts
• Proficiency with Facebook, Twitter and content management systems
• Willingness to work a flexible schedule that includes nights and holidays
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rnbe7k-18-204-2-146-42 in your application.