Simon & Schuster has been named to Forbes magazine list of ''America's Best Mid-Size Employers 2022.''
Simon & Schuster is a global leader in general interest publishing, dedicated to providing the best in fiction and nonfiction for readers of all ages, and in all printed, digital and audio formats. Its distinguished roster of authors includes many of the world's most popular and widely recognized writers, and winners of the most prestigious literary honors and awards. It is home to numerous well-known imprints and divisions such as Simon & Schuster, Scribner, Atria Books, Gallery Books, Pocket Books, Adams Media, Simon & Schuster Children's Publishing and Simon & Schuster Audio and international companies in Australia, Canada, India and the United Kingdom, and proudly brings the works of its authors to readers in more than 200 countries and territories.
For more information visit our website at www.simonandschuster.com.
We are looking for a Telesales Account Manager on the Independent Bookstore Team based in our New York office to sell our complete list-wholly-owned children's, adult, audio, and distributed client titles-to an account base of more than 100 independent bookstores in the western region. The telesales account manager is responsible for maximizing sales exposure for frontlist and backlist titles by performing analysis and using independent judgment to make recommendations on product selection and quantity to their accounts based on knowledge of both their customers and our titles.
• Work with accounts to maximize promotional placement in-store and online
• Manage coop budgets
• Ensure successful author events
• Maximize backlist exposure through inventory reviews as well as seasonal, thematic, and regional opportunities
• Build strong relationships with accounts
• Manage order processing and operational issues around stock, orders, and shipment
• Actively participate in seasonal sales conferences and weekly team calls, as well as communicate to publishers about activities and opportunities in the territory
• Provide excellent customer service
• Minimum 2 years sales experience in a mid-size or large publishing company
• Independent bookstore experience a plus
• Edelweiss savvy
• Avid, passionate reader
• Flexible, self-starter
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g320bn-3-236-225-157-42 in your application.