Penguin Random House
New York, NY
Simon & Schuster is looking to hire a Publicity Manager to work on a new imprint that is focusing on practical non-fiction across all categories. Responsibilities will include: Publicity campaigns for non-fiction, with an emphasis on lifestyle, cooking self-help. Key responsibilities include: Pitching and securing national and regional media, including print, television, online and radio; Arranging and assembling multi-city book tours and author appearances; Writing press releases, targeted pitch letters, author bios and other promotional materials; Creating targeted mailing lists; Cultivating and maintaining media relationships
• at least 5 years' prior work experience in publicity, with an emphasis placed on booking top-line media in both traditional and digital outlets, and organizing author tours
• A proven ability to generate creative angles and pitches
• An ability to work in a fast-paced environment under deadlines
• Extensive knowledge of the media and a familiarity with producers, newspaper and magazine editors, and book critics and reviewers
• A deep understanding of the digital media space, including bloggers and social media
• Ability to work in a collaborative team environment
• Excellent organizational, communication and writing skills
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gk2v4k-3-238-96-184-42 in your application.
Simon & Schuster, a division of ViacomCBS, is a global leader in the field of general interest publishing, dedicated to providing the best in fiction and nonfiction for consumers of all ages, across all printed, electronic, and audio formats.