Simon & Schuster has been named to Forbes magazine list of ''America's Best Mid-Size Employers 2022.''
Simon & Schuster is a global leader in general interest publishing, dedicated to providing the best in fiction and nonfiction for readers of all ages, and in all printed, digital and audio formats. Its distinguished roster of authors includes many of the world's most popular and widely recognized writers, and winners of the most prestigious literary honors and awards. It is home to numerous well-known imprints and divisions such as Simon & Schuster, Scribner, Atria Books, Gallery Books, Pocket Books, Adams Media, Simon & Schuster Children's Publishing and Simon & Schuster Audio and international companies in Australia, Canada, India and the United Kingdom, and proudly brings the works of its authors to readers in more than 200 countries and territories.
For more information visit our website at www.simonandschuster.com.
Scribner is seeking a Publicist with a minimum of 3 years of book publicity experience and great range at a major New York publisher. This person will demonstrate an expertise in publicizing non-fiction books across narrative non-fiction, current events, history, self-help, and memoir, and literary and commercial fiction titles.
• Bring, develop, and maintain strong relationships with key media and journalists
• Develop and execute title-specific publicity campaigns for frontlist titles
• Write press materials, pitch, and secure media coverage (broadcast, print, digital) including cover reveals & book announcements, feature interviews, essay placements, reviews & round-ups in national and local media
• Build strong relationships with Scribner editors and authors, maintaining excellent communication regarding the status of campaigns
• Plan and coordinate in-person and virtual author book tours and arrange author travel where needed.
• Excellent written, oral, organizational, and presentation skills
• Possess existing relationships with national and major market media
• Experience creating and executing highly successful title-based media campaigns
• Demonstrated booking and author tour management skills
• Experience publicizing works by authors from underserved/underrepresented backgrounds and communities
• Must have good time management skills, be organized and detail-oriented, and capable of multi-tasking
• Have the ability to prioritize, meet deadlines and work independently and demonstrate good follow-up and follow-through.
• Demonstrated ability to juggle multiple projects and work flexibly and quickly
• Bachelor's Degree
• 3+ years relevant publicity or marketing experience
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rojbz4-34-236-192-4-42 in your application.