Simon & Schuster is a global leader in general interest publishing, dedicated to providing the best in fiction and nonfiction for readers of all ages, and in all printed, digital and audio formats. Its distinguished roster of authors includes many of the world's most popular and widely recognized writers, and winners of the most prestigious literary honors and awards.
It is home to numerous well-known imprints and divisions such as Simon & Schuster, Scribner, Atria Books, Gallery Books, Pocket Books, Adams Media, Simon & Schuster Children's Publishing and Simon & Schuster Audio and international companies in Australia, Canada, India and the United Kingdom, and proudly brings the works of its authors to readers in more than 200 countries and territories. For more information visit our website at www.simonandschuster.com.
Reporting to the VP of Distribution Client Sales, the National Account Manager will be responsible for managing title base, forecasting, and selling distribution client graphic novel and children's publishers to Amazon.
In this role, you will actively engage with both distribution client publishers and key contacts at Amazon; manage the order cycle from presentation to forecasting estimates to order tracking to reorder solicitation; and will act on sales opportunities through sales analysis and publicity/marketing bookings.
• Forecast for both frontlist and backlist titles. Update information in all systems; work closely with client publishers and warehouse personnel to monitor inventory levels and reorders due to sales spikes.
• Request all SDQs.
• Work with the warehouses and customer service daily to adjust orders. Work closely with Amazon In-Stock Team/Print Vendor Manager to escalate any problem issues that cannot be resolved thru normal processes.
• Any issues or requests from distribution clients including sales information, NYP titles, preorder information and managing their catalog.
• Manage client access to Vendor Central, A+ Detail pages and advertising accounts.
• Enroll clients in promotions they elect such as Cyber Monday and Black Friday or Prime Day. Follow up prepare sales analysis for clients following promotions.
• Weekly preorder reports to clients.
• Attend all sales conference and client introduction meetings, and meet with key clients regularly about Amazon.
• Presentation on key titles to Amazon editorial and EIS team bi-annually.
• Bachelor's degree in related field (business, advertising, communications, etc.)
• 3+ years online sales experience in publishing, preferably to Amazon, but not required and/or supply chain experience.
• Knowledge of Amazon Vendor Central is a plus
• Keen customer service and diplomatic abilities
• Proven forecasting and planning capabilities
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
• Strong systems and process orientation
• Meticulous attention to detail and deadlines
• Proactive, energetic, efficient, and self-directed with the capacity to work independently as well as collaboratively
ViacomCBS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gmx22m-3-231-230-177-42 in your application.