Simon & Schuster is a global leader in general interest publishing, dedicated to providing the best in fiction and nonfiction for readers of all ages, and in all printed, digital and audio formats. Its distinguished roster of authors includes many of the world's most popular and widely recognized writers, and winners of the most prestigious literary honors and awards.
It is home to numerous well-known imprints and divisions such as Simon & Schuster, Scribner, Atria Books, Gallery Books, Pocket Books, Adams Media, Simon & Schuster Children's Publishing and Simon & Schuster Audio and international companies in Australia, Canada, India and the United Kingdom, and proudly brings the works of its authors to readers in more than 200 countries and territories. For more information visit our website at www.simonandschuster.com.
Avid Reader Press seeks an Associate Marketing Manager for our dynamic, energetic, collaborative imprint. Avid Reader Press, a division of Simon & Schuster, is built on the idea that the most rewarding publishing has three common denominators: great books, published with intense focus, in true partnership with our authors. The staff at Avid Reader Press, a small band of cheerful literary warriors, strives to publish every book with avidity. The right candidate will have the ability to work on a wide range of fiction and nonfiction projects while closely collaborating on others with multiple stakeholders; initiate and execute multi-touch marketing campaigns; and be comfortable presenting to internal and external stakeholders.
Preferred candidates will be creative, organized, and cooperative, and have a strong understanding of the traditional and social media landscape as well as confidence with launching and tracking organic and paid multimedia campaigns. Strong candidates will be familiar with the book publishing timeline - from acquisition to on-sale to backlist - and be comfortable managing marketing activities throughout each phase.
• Conceiving and executing multitier marketing campaigns, with an emphasis on digital and social strategy
• Managing Avid Reader Press social media channels (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Goodreads), including content creation and photography, audience engagement, and partnerships
• Advising authors on their online presence via email collection, social media, etc.
• Supervising creative for ads, sales collateral, and other promotional items
• Managing paid digital/social campaigns and synthesizing data analytics
• Devising and presenting marketing campaigns and initiatives to internal and external stakeholders
• Coordinating e-mail marketing strategy, content marketing, academic marketing, and video production with the Simon & Schuster corporate digital marketing group
• Cultivating strategic promotional partnerships with influencers and brands where appropriate
• Working with multiple divisions, including publicity, creative services, sales divisions, etc.
• 2-3+ years of marketing experience in book publishing or related field
• Proven success in consumer-facing campaign planning, digital marketing, and/or social media strategy
• Experience managing social media campaign and content creation strongly preferred
• Excellent communication and presentation skills (written and verbal)
• Confidence in presenting to internal and external stakeholders, including prospective authors and literary agents
• Proficiency with Facebook Business, Google AdWords, digital/social analytics
• Organized, detail-oriented, collaborative, and versatile to handle a range of projects
• Understanding of the ever-evolving media landscape
ViacomCBS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gk3y78-3-235-175-15-42 in your application.