Email Marketing Manager
Simon & Schuster
New York, NY
Simon & Schuster, a division of ViacomCBS, is looking for an experienced Email Marketing Manager to grow and enhance the email marketing program for our highly successful Pimsleur language learning business.
The Email Marketing Manager will come direct-to-consumer environment in which email drove acquisition growth. Previous experience with an online subscription business is a plus.
On a broader scale this role is responsible for executing the overarching CRM strategy. Specifically, the role will include managing and optimizing the email program through the use of industry best practices, creative, and precise use of data and analytics. The candidate will also be responsible for the campaign process end-to-end, including list management and segmentation, HTML coding of emails, regulatory compliance, tracking and deployment of emails using our current ESP (Salesforce Marketing Cloud/ExactTarget).
The ideal candidate will have extensive experience with campaign management and analysis.
Other responsibilities will include:
• Being responsible for the end-to-end production and deployment of emails. (including planning, targeting, segmentation, set-up, HTML coding, rendering testing, deployment and campaign reporting)
• Managing existing trigger programs (welcome, upsells, reactivation) and building additional programs to support customer lifecycle management and new subscription business
• Executing initiatives that grow the Pimsleur database through lead generation and co-registration and engage, retain, and develop a relationship with consumers
• Identifying and targeting consumer segments to optimize KPIs
• Managing email calendar to ensure campaigns are tested, approved, and scheduled in a timely manner
• Overseeing QA and A/B testing for email creative, subject lines, date/time, list segments, etc.
• Tracking and reporting performance of all email campaigns and KPIs; working closely with Senior Director of Direct Response Marketing to analyze findings, identify trends and recommend a course of action
• Understanding email consumer behavior and provide recommendations to improve strategy
• Hands-on experience managing email campaigns and delivery through Salesforce Marketing Cloud (will consider other in-depth enterprise level ESP experience.)
• Ability to create responsive emails and templates to ensure optimal viewing on mobile and desktop devices
• Familiarity with Adobe Photoshop and/or Sketch
• Solid understanding of web analytics tools (Google Analytics) and email metrics,
Please note that this role can be based in either our Simon & Schuster corporate office in New York City or within our Pimsleur office in Concord, MA. The option for a fully remote position will be considered as well.