Simon & Schuster is a global leader in general interest publishing, dedicated to providing the best in fiction and nonfiction for readers of all ages, and in all printed, digital and audio formats. Its distinguished roster of authors includes many of the world's most popular and widely recognized writers, and winners of the most prestigious literary honors and awards.
It is home to numerous well-known imprints and divisions such as Simon & Schuster, Scribner, Atria Books, Gallery Books, Pocket Books, Adams Media, Simon & Schuster Children's Publishing and Simon & Schuster Audio and international companies in Australia, Canada, India and the United Kingdom, and proudly brings the works of its authors to readers in more than 200 countries and territories. For more information visit our website at www.simonandschuster.com.
DATE: November 12, 2021
TITLE: Forklift Operator
DEPARTMENT NAME: Shipping
POSITION REPORTS TO: Troy Smith
• Loading trailers with full pallets
• Staging and moving pallets on the shipping dock
• Working take off lines palletizing cartons according to customer specifications
• Wrapping pallets
• Staging pallets with pallet jack
• Ability to operate a pacer or sit down counter-balanced forklift
• Ability to stage and move pallets on shipping dock
• Ability to load pallets onto a trailer
• Must be able to stand on feet for entire shift
• Ability to palletize cartons
• Operate pallet jack
• Ability to lift continuously, various sizes and weighted cartons up to 50 lbs
• Able to twist, bend, reach, kneel, climb with no physical limitations
• Ability to follow directions/instructions
• Ability to problem solve minimal issues
• Ability to work as a member of a team
• Ability to communication with supervisor and co-workers
• Adhere to all safety policies/procedures
SCHEDULED WORK HOURS: Monda thru Friday from 9:00 pm - 5:00 am
APPLICATIONS MUST BE COMPLETED @ www.simonandschuster.biz AND PLEASE NOTIFY THE HUMAN RESOURCES DEPARTEMENT/LAKEERA OF YOUR INTEREST IN THIS POSITON NO LATER THAN SIX (6) WORKING DAYS FROM THE DATE OF THIS POSTING.TRAINING THAT SUPPLEMENTS THE NECESSARY SKILLS FOR THIS POISTION, AS LISTED ABOVE UNDER REQUIREMENTS, WILL BE PROVIDED.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. WE DO NOT DISCRIMINATE ON THE BASIS OF RACE, RELIGION, COLOR, SEX, AGE, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, NATIONAL ORIGIN OR DISABILITY OR VETERAN STATUS.
***ALL OFFERS WILL BE CONTINGENT ON SATISFACTORY BACKGROUND & CREDIT CHECK
ViacomCBS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
ViacomCBS believes in creating environments that allow our primary focus to remain on providing entertainment, education and information to our millions of viewers around the world. As part of this commitment to health and safety, ViacomCBS requires COVID-19 vaccines for current US employees, including all newly hired employees. Union employees are subject to what is outlined in their applicable collective bargaining agreement.
Click for more details
As ViacomCBS begins the process of returning to the office in the US, there are a few key dates to keep in mind
• The first dose of the Moderna vaccine should be no later than November 29.
• The first dose of the Pfizer vaccine should be no later than December 6.
• The J&J vaccine should be administered no later than December 27.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gpxzko-54-198-139-112-42 in your application.