Showtime Networks Inc. (SNI), a wholly owned subsidiary of Paramount, owns and operates the premium service SHOWTIME®, which features critically acclaimed original series, provocative documentaries, box-office hit films, comedy and music specials and hard-hitting sports. SHOWTIME is available as a stand-alone streaming service across all major streaming devices and Showtime.com, as well as via cable, DBS, telco and streaming video providers. SNI also operates the premium services THE MOVIE CHANNEL™ and FLIX®, as well as on demand versions of all three brands. SNI markets and distributes sports and entertainment events for exhibition to subscribers on a pay-per-view basis through SHOWTIME PPV®. For more information, go to www.Sho.com.
The Senior Manager, Product Technical Support serves as a key escalation point for any issues negatively impacting subscribers of our SHOWTIME standalone streaming service and Showtime Anytime, our TV Everywhere service. The candidate will work with a small Technical Support team to investigate and diagnose technical issues, and collaborate with our Customer Service, Product, QA and Engineering groups to resolve them.
This role partner with the team to use understanding of the components of our web sites, apps and backend to formulate and pursue theories about the causes of issues affecting customers. We're seeking a tenacious and creative individual that will use the tools provided to discover underlying causes and possible resolutions for issues.
Additionally, this role will develop troubleshooting and resolution steps, improve documentation used by support staff, and ensure that major customer concerns remain top of mind for senior management and the team. Additionally, this individual will brainstorm process improvements to increase the team's efficiency and productivity. This role is also responsible for producing regular reports and visuals.
• Provide real-time support for Customer Service agents who encounter problems they can't resolve.
• Troubleshoot and gather information from customers directly, when advanced, to identify and resolve issues via chat or phone.
• Work with the Technical Support team to investigate, diagnose and advance recurring technical issues.
• Communicate clearly and frequently with all partners about ongoing production issues.
• Produce regular reports on production issues and/or customer feedback
• Brainstorm and roll-out solutions to increase efficiency and effectiveness of the Technical Support team.
• Develop processes to regularly synthesize and elevate customer feedback into useful information for the Product team.
• Schedule and/or provide support and monitoring of the service during high-traffic, high-viewing periods, such as season premieres or new feature launches.
• Maintain the integrity of Help Center articles and troubleshooting steps to facilitate high-quality customer support.
• Ideate with Customer Service, Technical Support team and Developers on how to continuously improve the internal Admin Tool to better serve both subscribers and internal users
• Work with the Product team to understand new features and develop help center/knowledge base articles for customers.
• Be flexible with changes to work hours and days to accommodate high peak traffic, premiere shows, live events and major release rollouts.
Your Skills and Experience:
• 4 to 5 years' technical support experience preferably on video-based digital media and products
• 4 to 5 years' experience working directly with customers to troubleshoot issues
• Experience in developing processes and in crafting feedback channels from customers to product teams
• Experience in training non-technical and technical support agents
• Experience using debugging tools like ADB, ELK and Charles
• Experience using Zendesk or similar CRM system for presenting with customers
• Experience using Jira or other ticketing system for tracking issues
Skills to set you apart:
• Excellent communication regarding complex concepts
• Critical thinker
• Someone with a strong sense of accountability, follow through and ownership
• A great teammate and fun to work with!
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rojv3p-44-197-230-180-42 in your application.