West Hollywood, CA
Showtime is looking for a Director, Content Acquisition to join our team. This role will report directly to the EVP, Content Acquisition and Business & Legal Affairs and will be principally responsible for maintaining a strong pipeline of new content opportunities and sourcing, evaluating, negotiating and executing all phases the licensing of new independently produced films and major and mini-major studio library product for exhibition on SNI's pay services.
Evaluate and value films, finished series and stand-up comedy specials submitted to SNI for potential acquisition.
Negotiate license fees and terms with motion picture studios, independent distributors, and sales agents.
Review contracts drafted by our legal partners to ensure they reflect agreed-upon terms.
Input data regarding programming license fees, windows and acquired rights into SNI's master database (IBMS).
Attend stand-up comedy performances to identify potential artists for new specials.
This position will regularly communicate with the EVP on market trends, competitors' offerings, and new business opportunities. This individual will also be responsible for selecting high-profile content to present for approval and developing the deals for that content.
• Substantial knowledge of film genres, directors, talent, production value, quality, ''playability'' and the market for independent and library films.
• Strong negotiation skills and knowledge of market license fees and related deal terms.
• Ability to navigate computer systems and complex legal agreements.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and simultaneously handle a large number of distributor and agent accounts. Must be able to multi-task as this department is a very high level of programming that must be considered and potentially licensed.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively present ideas.
• Bachelor's degree, preferably in film or equivalent.
• Minimum 5+ years' experience in the acquisition of programming, ideally at a major streaming platform or other entertainment company.
SHOWTIME continues to make its mark across the cultural landscape with one of the most successful programming lineups in television. The SHOWTIME programming slate features original series including Emmy® nominated limited series ESCAPE AT DANNEMORA, BILLIONS, HOMELAND, SHAMELESS, THE CHI, RAY DONOVAN, THE AFFAIR, KIDDING, BLACK MONDAY, THE LOUDEST VOICE, CITY ON A HILL, THE L WORD: GENERATION Q, BACK TO LIFE, WORK IN PROGRESS and ON BECOMING A GOD IN CENTRAL FLORIDA. The network's eclectic, brand-defining programming is further distinguished by the captivating offerings of SHOWTIME Documentary Films, including docuseries THE CIRCUS: INSIDE THE WILDEST POLITICAL SHOW ON EARTH, Emmy-nominated WU-TANG CLAN: OF MICS AND MEN and THE FOURTH ESTATE and documentary films THE KINGMAKER and READY FOR WAR. SHOWTIME Sports continues to dominate with its flagship franchise SHOWTIME CHAMPIONSHIP BOXING® and the Emmy Award-winning series INSIDE THE NFL. SHOWTIME is currently available to subscribers via cable, DBS and telco providers, and as a stand-alone streaming service through Amazon, Apple®, Google, LG Smart TVs, Oculus Go, Roku®, Samsung and Xbox One. Consumers can also subscribe to SHOWTIME via Amazon's Prime Video Channels, DirecTV Now, FuboTV, Hulu, Sling TV and YouTube TV. The network's authentication service, SHOWTIME ANYTIME, is available at no additional cost to SHOWTIME customers who subscribe to the network through participating providers. Subscribers can also watch on their computers at www.showtime.com and www.showtimeanytime.com.
SHOWTIME continues to make its mark across the cultural landscape with one of the most successful programming lineups in television.