• Works directly with leadership team and other VFX Supervisors to determine and advise technical solutions; Directs and supervises artists in the completion of final shots
• Ensures quality of work is of the highest standards
• Advises and ensures timely delivery of production department assignments and scheduling
• Collaborates with other department managers on dailies, workflow and pipeline strategies, providing ongoing improvement to processes and methodology
• Responsible for workflow, organization, shot continuity, grain continuity, and quality control metrics
• Will be expected to spot check individual comps of other artists and evaluate quality and efficiency of teams work
• Mentors team members and conducts performance evaluations.
• Assesses client plates for technical quality standards, problem solves and escalates as needed
• Prior to submission to client, reviews shots for artifacts relating to department needs
• Serves as key technical expert on productions
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent required
• Minimum six (6) years live action visual effects experience on high profile feature films
• Demonstrates strong technical and leadership capabilities
• Experience in leading, mentoring, and training large teams.
• Exceptional artistic skills and organizational skills; understands how to prioritize the necessary tasks and assignments
• Ability to communicate creative and technical thoughts and ideas clearly, both verbally and in written form
• Well rounded working knowledge of the technical and artistic aspects of live action and visual effects
• Expert knowledge of Nuke required as well as integration; Shake, After Effects, Digital Fusion is highly desirable
• Experience in 3ds Max is preferred
• Ability to take direction positively, work well within a team and thrive under the pressure of tight deadlines
We offer extended medical, disability & dental insurance.
Please apply only once to the same job posting with the same email, we keep your resume/ reel on file both current & future job opportunities. Only re-apply if your details have recently changed.